Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio station based on songs/albums from video games returns video game music of all genres

Radio station based on songs/albums from video games returns video game music of all genres

If I create a station for, for example, "Bastion Original Soundtrack" or "Terminal March"(a song of that album), then I'm met with video game music almost exclusively. Said music is generally never in the style or genre of the album/song I created the station with. Alternatively, if I search for the artist that did that soundtrack I actually get similar music. Is there some other alternative? Many video game soundtracks are made up of multiple artists or the artists make such a variety of music that basing a station on them won't get me a station I'm looking for.

Alternatively, this doesn't seem to happen with movie songs/soundtracks. I wish it worked like that, as 'being from a videogame' being a parameter in finding similar music just doesn't make sense. 

edit: this problem also makes me avoid voting up/down anything that appears in a game. If a station is at all 'tainted' by video game music it seems to push any kind of music from videogames. It's really quite frustrating.

Edit2: striked out a sentence above. Putting in the artist actually still comes back with almost exclusive video game music. 6 of the last 7 songs have been from videogames, some in genres/styles that the artist doesn't seem to have ever done. 

0 Replies

Suggested posts