Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random songs appearing in playlist that can't be removed

Random songs appearing in playlist that can't be removed

I have a playlist with a friend and random songs have been appearing in it that only I can see. These 3 random songs were not added by me or my friend but they are already saved/in another playlist that I have personally. When I select them there is no option available to remove them from the playlist. I have a free account and my friend has premium so was wondering if it's because I don't have premium so do not have full access/ability to only put what I want in the playlist. Or is it just Spotify suggesting them despite not being in a separate section for 'recommendations'?

I've attached 2 pictures to show the random songs so far and the options available when selecting them to attempt to remove. Any help welcome.

20181121_132659.jpg
Screenshot_20181121-132722_Spotify.jpg
1 Reply

Hey @Roisin11.

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you are using a Collaborative Playlist, keep in mind that any user that finds the playlist could add songs to it. So be sure to make the playlist private if you don't want other users to find the playlist.

To make the music you love easier to find, you get suggested tracks and artists for your playlists as you create and edit them. The more you listen, the better your suggestions will be. Just look out for YOU ADDED and WE ADDED. This only applies for Free users.

Hope this clarifies some things. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts