Premium

Country

Finland

Device

hp EliteBook

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have to use Spotify web player at work, since we can't download anything without permission. On other devices everything seems to work quite smoothly, but on web player random songs (at this time AFI - Break Angels from The missing man, there were other songs earlier that did this same, but I can't remember which ones they were.) stop playing mid song for no reason and skip to the next song. All other songs seem to work right. 
I already tried to sign out and in again if that would fix it, but no use. What should I do?

5 Replies

Hey @milanarda! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Have you tried to use a different browser to see if that happens there too?

And have you tried to clear your browser cache/cookies to see if that helps?

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

@Nico Thanks for your answer. Emptying cache and cookies did nothing, but trying another browser seemed to fix things. 

So the problem must be with Chrome then? Is there any way to fix this? On all other aspects I like Chrome 😄

@milanarda

Yes, the issue is caused by Chrome then. ^^

Is your Chrome up to date or is there a update available?

Peace

Thanks again for your answer!

So now it seems I can't update Chrome, the error code seems to say it can't find the update server.

And I noticed that even on Edge (which is the default browser) Spotify won't work properly. It plays a couple of songs and then gets stuck. It seems to be playing the song, but there's no sound and the bar isn't advancing at all. This is getting super annoying. I think I'll settle for using other devices. 

@milanarda

Your companys IT department might have blocked the connection to the Spotify servers through browsers. That might be reason why you can't update your Chrome.

Try to ask them if you can update your Chrome. ^^

Peace

Suggested posts