Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re adding lyrics to a song

Re adding lyrics to a song

There are some songs that I have listened to that appear to have had their behind the lyrics taken away, and that I'd like re-added.

I understand that in May of this year XXXTENTACION'S songs were removed from Spotify playlists, the lyric to his hit song SAD! were removed around this time, and that he was re-added to playlists a month or so later.

I have been listening to the late rapper's song Look at me! recently and have noticed the same thing, that the behind the lyrics have been removed from that song also whilst a few weeks ago the behind the lyrics were there.

I enjoy seeing the lyrics and the meaning behind the song, as well as what he had to say. As he has now sadly passed, I would see it a fitting tribute and informative for the listeners for the lyric to come back to his hit songs, such as SAD! and Look at me!

Many thanks.

1 Reply

Hello Jonathan_Memes!

Thanks for contacting the community. I'm sorry to hear your problem with the "Behind the Lyrics" feature.

As you know, Behind the Lyrics is a feature provided by Genious that allows users to learn more about the story behind the song.

However, this feature is not available in all songs. I personally don't know the reason why they decided to delete that feature in certain songs. 

If you want to be able to read the lyrics while listening to the music you can also use the SoundHound app. It can be very useful for those songs without Behind the lyrics.

I really hope to help you, there's more info about Behind the Lyrics here.

Feel free to write back, Jose.

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts