Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Rearranging Playlist Order on Web Player

Rearranging Playlist Order on Web Player

OK...I've searched and searched for answers to this and nothng works.  I used to be able to simply drag and drop songs into different order within my playlists.  Now I can't move songs at all.  None of the columns are highlited, starred, clicked or otherwise altered.  Clicking once, twice, three times, a MILLION times does absolutely nothing.  I've gone into settings and found nothing.  Does it make a difference that I'm running the free version of the web player?  I've had Spotify free for quite a while and never had this problem.  

10 Replies

Same here. I used to be able drag and rearrange playlists however I wanted to but it doesn't seem to work that way anymore and I can't figure out how to rearrange songs in my playlists. I tried doing so on the Spotify Web Player as well as the desktop version of Spotify app. 😞 Someone help us!

Oh wait nevermind - I figured out what I was doing wrong: my trackpad left click on my laptop is malfunctioning. I got it to work using a USB mouse on the Spotify desktop app. If you can't arrange songs on the Spotify Web Player, you should try it on the Spotify desktop app. It's a free download.

You figured it out carpidieum. Great. By doing what? Do you mean dragging listed playlists up and down the column displayed? In 2016? where is the sort feature?

Can't download the desktop played if you're using a Chromebook.  So unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me and I've gone with Google Play music which does allow drag and drop on it's web player.

Can't download the desktop played if you're using a Chromebook.  So unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me and I've gone with Google Play music which does allow drag and drop on it's web player.

@muymalestado wrote:

You figured it out carpidieum. Great. By doing what? Do you mean dragging listed playlists up and down the column displayed? In 2016? where is the sort feature?

I don't think you are using carpe diem right. It means to use time now without forethought for the future.

While I can't drag and drop songs into the order I want on my Chromebook, I did figure out a work around. I made a new playlist, and just made sure as I added songs I did it in the order I wanted them to appear. 

@user-removed wrote:

@muymalestado wrote:

I don't think you are using carpe diem right. It means to use time now without forethought for the future.

They were referencing their username, smart one. .  .   .

Correct - wrong usage.

I should have used "C92".

And, has everyone's question been answered - other than re-arragement cannot be done ...?

this adds nothing to the conversation you just want to sound smart

Suggested posts