Rearranging Playlist Order on Web Player

Rearranging Playlist Order on Web Player

aeshee

OK...I've searched and searched for answers to this and nothng works.  I used to be able to simply drag and drop songs into different order within my playlists.  Now I can't move songs at all.  None of the columns are highlited, starred, clicked or otherwise altered.  Clicking once, twice, three times, a MILLION times does absolutely nothing.  I've gone into settings and found nothing.  Does it make a difference that I'm running the free version of the web player?  I've had Spotify free for quite a while and never had this problem.  

10 Replies

Re: Rearranging Playlist Order on Web Player

carpediemlife92
Casual Listener

Same here. I used to be able drag and rearrange playlists however I wanted to but it doesn't seem to work that way anymore and I can't figure out how to rearrange songs in my playlists. I tried doing so on the Spotify Web Player as well as the desktop version of Spotify app. :( Someone help us!

carpediemlife92
Casual Listener

Oh wait nevermind - I figured out what I was doing wrong: my trackpad left click on my laptop is malfunctioning. I got it to work using a USB mouse on the Spotify desktop app. If you can't arrange songs on the Spotify Web Player, you should try it on the Spotify desktop app. It's a free download.

muymalestado
Casual Listener

You figured it out carpidieum. Great. By doing what? Do you mean dragging listed playlists up and down the column displayed? In 2016? where is the sort feature?

Andrew_James
Music Fan

Can't download the desktop played if you're using a Chromebook.  So unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me and I've gone with Google Play music which does allow drag and drop on it's web player.

Andrew_James
Music Fan

Can't download the desktop played if you're using a Chromebook.  So unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me and I've gone with Google Play music which does allow drag and drop on it's web player.

Person13

@muymalestado wrote:

You figured it out carpidieum. Great. By doing what? Do you mean dragging listed playlists up and down the column displayed? In 2016? where is the sort feature?

I don't think you are using carpe diem right. It means to use time now without forethought for the future.

ajohnson2232

While I can't drag and drop songs into the order I want on my Chromebook, I did figure out a work around. I made a new playlist, and just made sure as I added songs I did it in the order I wanted them to appear. 

GSweezer

@Person13 wrote:

@muymalestado wrote:

I don't think you are using carpe diem right. It means to use time now without forethought for the future.

They were referencing their username, smart one. .  .   .

muymalestado
Casual Listener

Correct - wrong usage.

I should have used "C92".

And, has everyone's question been answered - other than re-arragement cannot be done ...?

SUGGESTED POSTS