Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Rearranging Songs in a Playlist

Rearranging Songs in a Playlist

I am unable to rearrange songs in any of the playlists I've created. I've seen multiple other responses to this question that simply say "click and drag" but whenever I do that the program displays a small crossed out circle and nothing happens. I am also unable to change the way the tracks display using the Song, Artist, or Album categories (which according to previous answers should be possible). I've tried both on my iPhone App and on the web app and neither programs have worked. 

4 Replies

Hello @abonneau, welcome to the spotify community.

You can indeed reorder the songs in the playlist but there is a trick.  Your playlist allows yo to sort by song, artist, album, date, etc.  When a playlist is sorted, you can not change the order.  You can tell if a playlist is sorted because there will be a green arrow next to one of the column headers.  Click on the column header with the green arrow until the arrow goes away.  When that happens, then your playlist will be sorted by the order that you added the songs and you can change the order at that point be drag and drop.

Give that a try and let me know if it works.  If it does, then feel free to mark this as Accepted Solution so that we can consider the issue closed.   I think this will work for you!!

michael

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi,

I have the same problem. There is indeed no green arrows of any kind, and I am not able to drag&drop the songs anywhere.

-T

Capture.PNG

Finally got it. On iPhone:

1. make sure the playlist filter is on "custom"
2. hit the 3 dot button (•••) and click "edit"
3. on the far right of the row with the song, there should be three parallel lines. Hold it and drag to desired song order spot.

Hope this helps

djmikeystrange's response applies to desktop. It does not apply to web. The web player does not allow for either sorting or reordering playlists. Reordering playlists from web has been posted as an idea. I think it should be implemented.

Suggested posts