Rearranging song order of Playlists - Spotify Web

Solved!

Rearranging song order of Playlists - Spotify Web

agood1no
Casual Listener

Hey guys - apologies in advance if this is super dumb. But I can't rearrange the song order in playlists I create...I thought you could sort alphabetically by artist/album/etc. or just drag songs up and down. But it doesn't work in any of my playlists. I use Spotify Free - is this only a feature in Premium? Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Rearranging song order of Playlists - Spotify Web

Skyllful
Roadie

Welcome to the community, agood1no!

You cannot rearrange playlists in Spotify WebPlayer. 😞 But if you download Spotify desktop client or use the mobile apps, you can rearrange playlists! I hope this solves your problem.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post in the community!

Did my reply look like it was a solution to your problem? If so, please click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION so others can find this answer too!

Carter McCulloch: listening on Windows, iOS, PlayStation.
Tweet me @Skyllful.

Follow me

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Skyllful
Roadie

Welcome to the community, agood1no!

You cannot rearrange playlists in Spotify WebPlayer. 😞 But if you download Spotify desktop client or use the mobile apps, you can rearrange playlists! I hope this solves your problem.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post in the community!

Did my reply look like it was a solution to your problem? If so, please click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION so others can find this answer too!

Tweet me @Skyllful.

Follow me

View solution in original post

Highlighted

agood1no
Casual Listener
Awesome makes sense. thanks!
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm sorry to say that it didn't help me, as I am using the desktop app and I can only move tracks about 10 spaces up or down at a time.  This is using the drag and drop method.  How do I move a track further up or down than 10 spots?

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm sorry, I am able to click on a track and drag it down quickly more than 10 rows, to the bottom (if I hold it long enough with the mouse), it won't work to move it from the bottom of a playlist upward more than about 10 rows...

Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong 😕

Highlighted

Skyllful
Roadie

Thanks for reaching out, airfr8!

I have a simple fix to your problem. 😉 While dragging the song, drag the song above/below all of the other songs to make it scroll to where you want to drop your song. See how I did it in the attached animated photo!

If you need any more help (or if I was unclear), feel free to post again! 🙂

Carter

Tweet me @Skyllful.

Follow me
Spotify - Scrolling while dragging & dropping.gif
Highlighted

FuelCell12
Casual Listener

I'm just trying to figure out one good reason why the developers shouldn't allow playlist reordering. 

Highlighted

aleroi
Regular

Or even just sorting the playlist in the web player...

Highlighted

arajay
Casual Listener

wow that's a terrible answer thanks for nothing

Highlighted

Rogerio2018
Casual Listener

Is it possible to rearrange the songs on the desktop app and have it arranged the same way on the web app the next time I open it?  I'm asking because I do have the application at home but I listen to it at work on the web player since I don't have admin rights to install the app.

SUGGESTED POSTS