Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Rearranging song order of Playlists - Spotify Web

Solved!

Rearranging song order of Playlists - Spotify Web

Hey guys - apologies in advance if this is super dumb. But I can't rearrange the song order in playlists I create...I thought you could sort alphabetically by artist/album/etc. or just drag songs up and down. But it doesn't work in any of my playlists. I use Spotify Free - is this only a feature in Premium? Thanks for the help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Welcome to the community, agood1no!

You cannot rearrange playlists in Spotify WebPlayer. 😞 But if you download Spotify desktop client or use the mobile apps, you can rearrange playlists! I hope this solves your problem.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post in the community!

Did my reply look like it was a solution to your problem? If so, please click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION so others can find this answer too!

Carter McCulloch: listening on Windows, iOS, PlayStation.
Tweet me @Skyllful.

Follow me

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Marked as solution

Welcome to the community, agood1no!

You cannot rearrange playlists in Spotify WebPlayer. 😞 But if you download Spotify desktop client or use the mobile apps, you can rearrange playlists! I hope this solves your problem.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post in the community!

Did my reply look like it was a solution to your problem? If so, please click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION so others can find this answer too!

Tweet me @Skyllful.

Follow me

Awesome makes sense. thanks!

I'm sorry to say that it didn't help me, as I am using the desktop app and I can only move tracks about 10 spaces up or down at a time.  This is using the drag and drop method.  How do I move a track further up or down than 10 spots?

I'm sorry, I am able to click on a track and drag it down quickly more than 10 rows, to the bottom (if I hold it long enough with the mouse), it won't work to move it from the bottom of a playlist upward more than about 10 rows...

Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong 😕

Thanks for reaching out, airfr8!

I have a simple fix to your problem. 😉 While dragging the song, drag the song above/below all of the other songs to make it scroll to where you want to drop your song. See how I did it in the attached animated photo!

If you need any more help (or if I was unclear), feel free to post again! 🙂

Carter

Tweet me @Skyllful.

Follow me
Spotify - Scrolling while dragging & dropping.gif

I'm just trying to figure out one good reason why the developers shouldn't allow playlist reordering. 

Or even just sorting the playlist in the web player...

wow that's a terrible answer thanks for nothing

Is it possible to rearrange the songs on the desktop app and have it arranged the same way on the web app the next time I open it?  I'm asking because I do have the application at home but I listen to it at work on the web player since I don't have admin rights to install the app.

Not a dumb question at all. The ability to sort a playlist by order isn't just a convenince but a neccesity to properly listen to a playlist. The real asnwer to your question is that Spotify has intentionnally made it's web player difficult to use so you'd be forced to download the desktop app.

Yeah it is simply ridiculous you cannot even sort your playlist with the webplayer.

I use spotify at my work pc. I am not allowed to install the app so I have to rely on the webplayer.

But it takes sooooooooooooo much time to scroll all the way down to all my newest songs since i have more than 2000 songs in my list.

Spotify, fix this! Like taytay7721 says: this is a necessity!

it's 2018 - have you already been able to implement some code so people who cannot install the app one their pc can rearrange playlists?

please say YES

Similar to Rogerio2018, I cannot download the app at work and would like to rearrange the songs on the web player. Pretty unfortunate that the company I pay (Spotify) denies me the ability to simply rearrange songs in my playlist on the web player. I am considering switching to a different music provider in all honesty if this is not changed..

" use the mobile apps, you can rearrange playlists" 

ahhh No. You can not do that.

You can re-order the songs only on the unpopular iOS platform. Not on the Android platform which is 7+ times more popular than iOS. (Android has 87% of the world mobile market. iOS has 12%).

You can rearrange playlist on the android app.

Open any playlist. If you are at the top amd seeing playlist "cover" just pull it down even further. A filter option and right next to it a down arrow will pop up. Click the arrow and choose "sort by"...

Screenshot_20180603-091321_Spotify.jpg

Wow, thanks for telling us how to sort playlists on a mobile app in a
thread that is about sorting playlists on the *web app*.

Actually, that's filtering, not rearranging. You can sort songs by a
specific attribute or by the "custom order" (which is the actual order of
the playlist that can be designated by manually rearranging the songs on a
superior platform), but you cannot actually modify said custom order on the
web or mobile applications.

It's creatively stifling: as in albums, the order of tracks in a playlist
can make or break it's atmosphere.

Come on Spotify, I've just signed up to an initial 3months to find that I can't reorder playlists on Android.  Can't do it on a Chromebook either.  Can't install software on my corporate windows laptop so can't use the app in Windows.  The browser app doesn't allow it either. Unhappy, will be cancelling straight after my 3months.

Suggested posts