Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recommended songs list suggesting explicit songs to child with only kids songs ever saved

Recommended songs list suggesting explicit songs to child with only kids songs ever saved

We have Spotify for Family and I am setting up my son an account from brand new so he has a curated list of music to play. I cant turn off recommended songs so I hoped only inputting clean music would help. Nothing has been 'played', and I am creating a playlist for him with completely clean and fun songs (Baby Shark, Do you like waffles, Narwhals, Super Mario Brothers) and the recommended songs has generated suggestions like 'Show me your genitalz' and '**bleep** sucking hoez'. There MUST be something wrong here - that is truly disgusting! There is not a single song on our playlist that I would think your algorithym would decide had anything in common with 'I got bitches' or 'Do your **bleep** hang low'. Even worse for the last one I cant even flag it as explicit (it isnt already) my only options are to add it or play it?! Please can someone look into this immediately!
playlist spotify issue.JPG
1 Reply

Hey @Emmahan.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Currently we only have the explicit filter for mobile devices but more devices will soon follow. More info about this here.

Recommendations get better the more we have to work with. So simply try to create a few more playlists and fill it with more than just a handful songs so the algorithm has enough statistics to recommend accurately.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts