Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recommended songs won't play

Recommended songs won't play

I have been having problems for some time now with recommended songs that don't play. I go to a playlist and then go to play a recommended song and nothing happens with most of them. No error, doesn't progress to try the next song, it just doesn't work, but used to.

Songs that are in other playlists (or possibly saved for off-line use) do play.

Interestingly, I just tried to see if a song would work if I searched for the album directly, but it didn't work. I went back to my playlist and it came up in the recommended songs again and then did play. 

I just installed a new computer with a fresh version of Spotify and have the same behaviour, so thought it was time to report it. 

This happens on the( Mac desktop app as well as iOS mobile app.

Any ideas why this isn't working? I use the feature regularly...or at least, I used to...

Type of account: Family.

Devices:

iPhone X (iOS 14.3) Spotify version 8.5.96.967

2020 MacBook Pro M1 (macOS Big Sur v11.1) Spotify version 1.1.51.382.g8e3b11ed

4 Replies

Hey @jontarry,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

We'd suggest you try with another account on the same devices to see if there are any changes. 

You can also send us a video recording of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Does the issue persist with specific playlists?

Keep is posted! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the help, Ver.

It's now solved, but in a way I can't really explain. I was trying your suggestions and first checked out different playlists. They all had the same problem. Every now and then a song would play, but 99% would not work.

I then tried creating a new playlist to see if that also had the problem and it worked fine. I then tried my existing playlists and it all now works?! I've restarted Spotify and it still all works.

Weird, but my problem is solved, great! Thanks for the suggestion, otherwise I wouldn't have gone testing it like that.

Cheers,

Jon.

I'm having the same problem. Songs in the playlist work fine, but none of the recommended songs at the bottom of the playlist will work. No error message, no nothing. Just a dead click. Happening on all my playlists on both MacOS app and in web player.

Video attached for reference.

Devices:

iPhone X (iOS 14.3) Spotify version 8.5.96.967

2020 MacBook Pro (macOS Catalina v10.15.7) 

Hey there @cramerpp

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening on your PC or on your phone's app as well?

Could you try using a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Lastly, would you mind letting us know if this has been always happening on your PC or if it started after a specific event?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts