Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Radar overlaps week-to-week

Solved!

Release Radar overlaps week-to-week

Every Friday I open my Release Radar and see a bunch of checkmarks - songs that I added from the previous week's playlist that have been repeated and mixed in to my new Release Radar. Discovery Weekly doesn't do this for me, it's all fresh tracks every week - why is Release Radar different?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi again!

This is because the playlist is specifically for new releases by artists you like. This playlist updates by what songs are recently released - not by what songs it thinks you might want to discover.
So even though you save something out of it - it is designed to update each week based on release date of an artist's material. It won't refresh or function like Discover Weekly does by giving you all new suggestions. It's just a quick look at who might have new material out that matches who you track or listen to.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi swrobel!

Release Radar is only a playlist of what is a new release by artist's you listen to and artist's that are very similar to what you listen to or may have sampled recently. I often see the same songs from week to week in mine. It's more of an "awareness" playlist that let's you know who has new music out.

Discover Weekly is tailored around your recent listening history and what you may have added to your library/playlists in the past week. It then tries to determine new songs every week that it thinks you would like to discover. I rarely see songs repeat in this one, but it has happened on a couple of occasions if I keep listening to similar vein artists.
Hopefully this helps clarify how they work a little more. 🙂

Yeah, but if I've already been made aware by listening to all of, and even saving some of those songs last week, why put them in there again?!

Marked as solution

Hi again!

This is because the playlist is specifically for new releases by artists you like. This playlist updates by what songs are recently released - not by what songs it thinks you might want to discover.
So even though you save something out of it - it is designed to update each week based on release date of an artist's material. It won't refresh or function like Discover Weekly does by giving you all new suggestions. It's just a quick look at who might have new material out that matches who you track or listen to.

Suggested posts