NEXT STEP

Release radar does not completely reflect my taste in music

Release radar does not completely reflect my taste in music

Plan

Premium (Family)

Country

The Netherlands

My Question or Issue

When I open my Release Radar almost 50% is music from artists I definitely do not like and never listen. (for example R&B music and Dutch party music). Each week I press the ignore button for these tracks without even listening one second of them but Spotify does not seem to learn anything from this action.

Strangely enough my 5 Daily Mixes and my Discover Weekly are a perfect reflection of my musical taste. 

Is there an explanation for this and will there be a fix for this in the near future ?

1 Reply

Hey there @MadeGo,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The recommendation playlists use different algorithms to select songs that you might like. Since there are many factors which determine exactly what content you'll get in your recommendation playlists we cannot say why you're getting songs which are outside of your usual taste in the Release Radar. 

Here are some factors which influence the algorithm. Songs popular in your region, Liking songs, playing multiple songs from the same artist, playing more songs from the search bar and not directly from the recommendation playlists. Also, disliking songs and artists. Keep in mind that the recommendations change over time and that you're bound to get songs from artists you've never listened to. The intent of this is so that the users can discover new music which they might like.

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts