Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove known device

Remove known device

Hi,

A week ago, I helped a friend set up her new Google Chromecast and Google Home Mini. While doing so, I connected to her Facebook on my phone and logged onto Spotify on her account for the Google Home Mini to play from.

I have since then logged out of her Facebook, logged out of her Spotify and on to my own, but whenever I attempt to play anything on Spotify it pauses her music on her Google Home Mini although we're on separate accounts.

Whenever I open Spotify and she's playing music, I get the option to "Listen on this phone" or to continue listening on the Google Home Mini.

I have tried to go into the device on Spotify and press forget, I have tried to open settings and log out and in again, I have tried to open settings on a web browser and log out on all devices, all of which result in the same - I am still somehow tied to her Google Home Mini, although we're not on the same network, not on the same Spotify account, and my Google Home (the Android app) does not have her home either.

I hope you're able to shed some light on what is next to do.

Thanks

4 Replies

Hey @8n_6u-0fqb7ao.

Thanks for getting in touch!

It sounds like you connected your personal Spotify account to your friends Google account and you'll need to disconnect these two.

You can unlink with these steps:

1. In the Google Home app, tap the menu in the top-left corner.
  2. Tap Account preferences, then Linked media accounts.
  3. Select Spotify and tap Unlink Account.

Should do the trick! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi,

I have opened the app as instructed, but do not have anything in the top left corner. If, however, I enter the settings (by the bottom right corner) and head to "Account preferences" as suggested, I do not see any "Linked media accounts", only "Linked devices", "Email notifications", "Search History", "Clear Wi-Fi history", "Clear saved location", and "Rate the app".

The device I am trying to remove is under the "Linked devices", but whenever I delete it, it re-appears the next time it is used. 

Today I attempted to play Spotify, only to find out it was already playing on her Speaker, which meant I could not use Spotify at all.

While doing so, I tried opening the Home app again and see what I could see. In the centre of the screen, there's a Settings button, after which I get the option "Linked media accounts". When opening this, it says "Spotify Unlinked".

Deleting this home (MY email, not the one the speaker was paired with) entirely also does not fix it.

Hey there @8n_6u-0fqb7ao,

Thanks for getting back in touch with these details.

In this case, we'd suggest asking your friend to try the steps @Guido posted above in order to unlink your Spotify account from her Google Home app.

Once she unlinks your Spotify account, she can follow the steps below to link her personal Spotify account:

1. Tap the menu in the top-left corner
  2. Tap 'Account Preferences'
  3. Tap 'Media Accounts'
  4. Select 'Spotify'
  5. Tap 'Yes, Link Account'
  6. Log in to Spotify (if you don’t already have a Spotify account, you can create one by tapping Sign up to Spotify)
  7. Authorise the linking of accounts. You can make sure you're logging in with the correct account by double checking the username that appears on that page and clicking "Not You?", if necessary.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd recommend checking here while logged in to your personal Spotify account and remove access to Google Home. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts