Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removed Songs from Spotify and Suggestions

Solved!

Removed Songs from Spotify and Suggestions

My Question or Issue

Is there a way that if a song or an artist is removed from spotify that we can keep atleast the song name (unplayable) in our playlists so that we dont loose those songs forever. If not then i would like to suggest this but somehow i cant find a button to drop suggestions, where can i do that?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Sivo

It's possible to add unavailable songs to playlists as well as saving them.

To see unavailable content in your playlists and albums you have to enable a setting:

1. Go to Menu dots - Edit - Preferences

2. Scroll downward to Display options

3. Enable (turn green) the slider for "Show unavailable content in playlists"

However it's not possible to search for unavailable songs in Spotify. You'll have to use Google.
Just add Spotify with the song or album title in search, eg "amon tobin four ton mantis spotify", and search will return you some relevant Spotify links.

Hope this helps, have a nice day! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey, 

How could they let you save a song that they have deleted? It makes no sense. 

You can just write yourself the song in notes. There is no point that it would be saved on spotify, but can not be played, so writing it for youself would be the same. 

@_Bellagio_ wrote:

Hey, 

How could they let you save a song that they have deleted? It makes no sense. 

You can just write yourself the song in notes. There is no point that it would be saved on spotify, but can not be played, so writing it for youself would be the same. 

You know its just like you have this modern program and then still have the stress to write everything down manualy if you dont want that good songs just vanish without a sign. Like not even a Message "XXX - XXX has been removed from spotify" or something like that. Feels like the stoneage. The best way to see that this happend is if the name of the songs would still stay in the playlist. Im sure theres a way how to program smth like that also that its kinda simple. An alternative would be to add something like a macro in the settings which you can enable if you want which saves the songnames of your playlists in a simple text document like the editor for example each day/week/month. And the last idea would be to add atleast a message if and which song got removed from your playlist.

Marked as solution

Hey @Sivo

It's possible to add unavailable songs to playlists as well as saving them.

To see unavailable content in your playlists and albums you have to enable a setting:

1. Go to Menu dots - Edit - Preferences

2. Scroll downward to Display options

3. Enable (turn green) the slider for "Show unavailable content in playlists"

However it's not possible to search for unavailable songs in Spotify. You'll have to use Google.
Just add Spotify with the song or album title in search, eg "amon tobin four ton mantis spotify", and search will return you some relevant Spotify links.

Hope this helps, have a nice day! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Got you. You are right, I have not fully understood you before.
So I can see you already got an answer :).

Suggested posts