Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Repeat feature stays only until I forward to next song. Want it on until I stop it.

Repeat feature stays only until I forward to next song. Want it on until I stop it.

lpaine513
Visitor

Why can't repeat feature stay on as long as I want it. I would like to play as many different songs without always having to put it on repeat. I'd like to jump between playlists or repeat every song in the same playlist without having to hit repeat every single time.

5 Replies

Re: Repeat feature stays only until I forward to next song. Want it on until I stop it. - Status changed to: Need more info

JulianDavid
Roadie

Hi @lpaine513, welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's odd. Try logging out and restarting your device. Then, log back into your account and try to play a song on repeat from any album/playlist.

If it happens again, let us know what device, operating system, and version of Spotify you're using.

Let us know how it goes.

Re: Repeat feature stays only until I forward to next song. Want it on until I stop it.

nickgert
Casual Listener

This happens to me all the time and I'm really starting to get annoyed with it. I never actively turn on the repeat feature and yet, on desktop and mobile, I often find myself thinking "dang, this is a long song!"

Please fix this issue. I've scoured the forums here and the only suggestion I see is reinstall and/or login-logout. 

8+  iOS 11.2.6  Spotify 8.4.43.908

Re: Repeat feature stays only until I forward to next song. Want it on until I stop it.

SergioDavid
Roadie

Hey @nickgert, thanks for the info.

How long has this been happening for? Did you already try reinstalling following these steps? Also, do you notice the issue on any other device?

Let us know.

rs56

Buongiorno, desidero sapere, perchè quando riavvio il PC le mie playlist non ricominciano da dove avevo sospeso?

Grazie.

Highlighted

Alfredo
Roadie

Hey @rs56!

We hope you don't mind us replying in English.

As it seems that you're having a different issue than the one on this thread, it's best for you to open a new thread altogether.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp
SUGGESTED POSTS