Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reuploading Song (Play Count)

Solved!

Reuploading Song (Play Count)

Hello,

I have a song on Spotify that's done pretty well with over 30,000 plays.  

However, when I listened to it today, I was mortified to discover that there was some distorted crackling in.

This is my fault and I want to remove the track from Spotify, fix it and reupload it. However, if I do this, will my plays start from zero again, or will they return to 30,000?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

PS I wasn't sure where to put this message so please let me know if I'm in the wrong forum! 

26 Replies

I had no issues when deleting the release, and re-uploading it how I wanted
it just keep twee same isrc code, Of course, and the playcount remains

Hey Idrise 

Thanks for the info. So you changed your artist name and had no issues? Just as long as you keep the IRSC code?

great topic, what about cover images & labels? Let's assume that everything is identical and I wan't to change image & label info.

Hi @ben007 !!
So, what happened at the end of the story? You managed to get what you wanted? I'm a Distrokid user too, and have a similar problem...

Hello,

Yes, it seems to be all sorted.  I deleted the original with Distrokid and then immediately uploaded the amended version.

For a while, when I searched on Spotify, there wer two versions and the version on my "popular" tracks and in playlists was still the flawed one.  But I've just checked again and  it seems that only the good version is out there now.

So I'm happy!  Hope it works out for you as well.

‎2018-01-10 06:53 AM

great topic, what about cover images & labels? Let's assume that everything is identical and I wan't to change image & label info.

Hey @MattSuda,

I have this same question. I want to keep everything about the release the same except for the record label name because we changed the name of our label and want that name to be reflected on all of our past releases for branding purposes. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how? Thank you in advance.

@DigDarkMedia @enjoii

Sorry for the late reply.

You should be able to change the record label name or album art just fine. Just need to make sure most of the basic metadata such as artist name, song title, track length are the same.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts