Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Roku TV

Operating System

Latest Roku OS

The Roku App is stuck on being very zoomed in. I have tried reinstalling the app many times without it correcting itself. When i try to connect from my phone or computer the issue still persist.

It started when I played a song from my computer. It was working fine when using the app or my phone.

Help please!

20190822_165454_HDR.jpg
16 Replies

Happened to mine too. I tried reinstalling the channel but since it’s stuck on zoom, I can’t log back in because I can’t see the whole keyboard.

That didn't solve my issue. I logged back in through connecting from my phone.

I've given up fixing it after 15 reinstalls and no fix

It's also just my living room TV which is a Insignia Roku TV. It works fine on my other Roku TV, a TCL 6 series

Me too!  More specifics of the problem, which is appearing on one but not all Rokus in our house...

I am a premium subscriber in the US. While working flawlessly previously, playback on my Roku 4 (model 4400X, software version 9.1.0, build 4111-17) is "zoomed in" so to say. It only displays part of the Spotify app on the screen as you can see in the attached photo*. The TV screen is filled, but only part of the Spotify app is visible. I've tried rebooting all devices: Roku, TV,  AVR, network, and have uninstalled and reinstalled the most recent Spotify Roku app on the effected Roku box, to no avail. However, on other Roku models in the house (4200X, 4230X, 4640X), Spotify's working just fine and the entire app's user interface is visible on the screen. 

When the app first loads, the Spotify logo appears centered on the screen against a black background. Then the logo disappears and the screen is black, then it reappears larger and off-center, in the upper right portion of the screen. After, the home screen appears "zoomed in" and only partially visible. On the Rokus where the app is working and fully visible, each time the logo appears it is centered on the black background.

As a workaround, I can use Spotify on my phone to view and navigate the entire app, and use Spotify connect to play on the Roku. Nonetheless, the TV screen attached to the problematic app / Roku 4400X interaction shows the same "zoomed in" partial view of the app.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Thanks, Peter

*Only part of the app is visible (TV screen is filled)Only part of the app is visible (TV screen is filled)

Please tap the "Me too" button on the original post. More people reporting the same problem appears to bring more attention to it. Thanks!

This has been driving me crazy! We've had this issue on our TCL Roku TV for a couple of days! I'm glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully this post gains traction and they figure it out. I use the Spotify app on my TV every day. 

Well said!  This describes exactly the same problem I am having, which I just noticed on August 25, 2019.  Based on others' comments, it may have started with the "upgrade" that happened on August 19, 2019.

Same. Just started today. No changes to the system. Reboot did nothing.

Same issue with Spotify on TCL Roku TV.  App is listed as Version 2.6 b 22a 

Same issue here. Spotify version 2.6 build 22a.

TCL Roku TV model: 55US5800

Roku software: 9.1.0 build 4121-22

I'm having the same problem on my Insignia Roku TV.  Re-installing the app didn't work for me either.   I don't know what else to try.  Part of the reason that I prefer using Spotify is the "Behind the Lyrics" feature on alot of the songs but with the screen zoomed in like this it's impossible to read it.  I liked playing Spotify at work on the TV in my customer waiting area but with the screen zoomed in it's really embarassing to have my customers sit and watch the bottom corner of a zoomed in screen.  I really hope this issue gets resolved soon,  I miss listening to Spotify at work all day 😞

Same issue here. Glad I'm not the only one.

Version 2.6 build 22a 

TCL Roku TV Model 55US57-W

I am having the same problem starting a week ago.  Has anyone tried resetting the Roku 4 to factory settings and then reinstalling Spotify?

Well, mine started working normally this morning. So hopefully it’s fixed. 

Reinstalled the app and now mine is working as well. No issues.

Did the same am

nd now it’s fine.  Noticed that the update is dated August 30, so Spotify’s programmers must have seen all our posts and fixed the bug.🙂

Suggested posts