Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Roku - Control without seeing TV

Roku - Control without seeing TV

I love the interface for Spotify on Roku.   However I would like to be able to control my music from sitting out on my deck from either my Andriod Phone, Ipad or MAC laptop.    Is there a way to do that ?

The Roku remote app that is available only allows you to control in the same way the actual Roku remote does.  You can't search for songs, change playlists, etc without seeing the TV

thx

4 Replies

Unfortunately not that I am aware off. Spotify Connect which allows you to remove control Spotify devices and Connect enabled speakers is not implemented as part of the Roku app.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'd love this feature as well.  My work around for now is to output Spotify from my cheap Android tablet (Acer A100) into my receiver.  I can then use Spotify Connect with my Android phone to contol Spotify on the tablet.  It works really well overall.  

I'm not sure if Spotify Connect would work between your Apple devices, or between Apple and Android, but it might work.

But I do really hope Roku will be added as a Spotify Connect partner.  My main zone 2 music listening is through Spotify on my Roku 2, and Spotify Connect would be a killer feature.  (Roku 2 with it's rca/analog outputs is the best solution I've found for zone 2 listening through my receiver, since most receivers only output analog signals to zone 2 . It allows me to use Spotify, Plex, and YouTube for my zone 2 music).

@vinniemeatball wrote:

I love the interface for Spotify on Roku.   However I would like to be able to control my music from sitting out on my deck from either my Andriod Phone, Ipad or MAC laptop.    Is there a way to do that ?

The Roku remote app that is available only allows you to control in the same way the actual Roku remote does.  You can't search for songs, change playlists, etc without seeing the TV

thx

Connect should work between any Spotify apps on android, iOS and Connect enabled speakers. 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have a Roku 3 and an old amp.  I got a digital to RCA converter to push the signal through the amp (it splits the signal, HDMI to the TV, RCA to the amp).  Is it possible to control that output from my iPhone without seeing the TV?

Suggested posts