Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Roku Premiere+ won't load playlists

Roku Premiere+ won't load playlists

I've had this Roku Premiere+ for about 3 months now- never had an issue with the Spotify app until yesterday. It wouldn't open at first so I restarted my Roku- that allowed the app to open, but then it got stuck on a black 'loading' box when I tried to open my playlists. I closed and opened later and it only found a starred playlist- one problem, I can't star any songs because I don't have a starred option in my spotify player for Mac? It never showed up as an option for me and it's not in my list of playlists. I tried manually creating a starred playlist but that didn't work. 

I can search for a song and play that, and top tracks will play(too bad I only like one song on there right now), but for the life of me I can't get it to load MY playlists. So frustrating. 

31 Replies

Had same problem starting at the end of last year and it just kept getting worse until recently I had no PlayLists option at all.  Here's why:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Playlists-not-showing-on-Roku/idi-p/1599998

Playlists are disabled on Roku. Have been very disappointed with apps on Roku in general (terrible design, poor performance).  Platform sucks for app developers.  I am moving to different streaming hardware.

So.. thats like a F*ck you guys, use your cellphone or computer?

also it says Samsung Smart TV, and guess what.. also not working..

I have the same Roku/Spotify problem. I work at Best Buy and have been investigating this as I have accesse to a lot of Geek Knowledge. The answer, according to my research, they are not trying to fix this, its been going on too long.

While questiong customers about their Roku TV or Roku streaming device, if the customer says they use Spotify, we direct them to another device . If we do this at my store, I am not the one who started this, it occured naturally due to the issues my  co-workers had and it just became another key part of info we use to make sure our customers get the most of their streaming device. If this just happened at my store, and since our Geeks talk with other Geeks, Gammers etc,  I imagine  the word is getting  out fast:  Don't waste your money with Spotify /Roku.

I am going to cancel my subscription and use Google Cromecast / Google Play.

I urge every one if you do not feel you are reciving the service you are paying for to cancell your subscription. I also urge you to contact Roku and tell them why you are considering using another device.

Good Luck,

Alice

Hey everyone,

In case you haven't seen it yet,

An update from Spotify has been posted here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Playlists-not-showing-on-Roku/idc-p/1626585/highligh...

"Due to various technical challenges, the Playlists feature has been removed from the Roku Spotify app.

We do understand your concerns and are working with Roku on how best to move forward with this app. In the meantime, you can search for and play artists, songs and albums, and your playlists are always available on your other devices with our desktop and mobile apps.

There are other ways to listen to Spotify on your TV too. Check out our guide at www.spotify.com/tv."

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It's been going on for years and it never improves

I come from a very poor country, called mexico.

we dont have any cell phones or computers, thats for rich people here...

So all the family save money every month so we can have an spotify account, and we gather together on the living room all days so we can listen to music on our TV (ROKU) or even our new 65" UHD samsung TV.

Since Spotify dont listen to us, and just lies, my family is falling appart, we can not gather together on the living room any more, my grand ma is so depressed, and we have to download music like in the old times and put it on a USB, but since we dont have our family playlist, it has been a nightmare, everybody is fighting, even my cousin stab my brother with a spoon, just for playing the wrong tune..

Please Spotify help us!!!

Dear All

I have just checked the loading of playlists on Roku ( I have Roku 1) and Spotify have decided to delete all playlists from here for technical reasons. I can still access my playlists on my PC. Details on Spotify if you search for playlist not loading on Roku.

Next I shall buy a chrome cast to cast Spotify from my phone. Grr. Hope this helps

JLS

Mine won't either! And this was the whole reason i paid for Spotify premium. Cancelling until they fix it!

I'm paying every month for spotify and I'm getting sick and tired of it not working on roku and now I read that there are problems if your using Amazon fire stick. I already talked to customer service about these on going issues that have been happening FOR YEARS! I'm going to check out slacker and most likely cancel my subscription to spotify

I bit the bullet and bought a Chromecast so I can play Spotify thru my AV receiver.
It was 30$ well spent, and works MUCH better than the Roku channel ever did.

well it seems that Spotify is going bankcruptcy, so thats why no longer support on Roku, Samsung, Marantz, or anything else besides Cell phone or computer App

I have Spotify Premium and enjoyed playing my play lists on my Insignia TV no problem.  Suddenly last spring they wouldn't load.  I'm not happy paying for a premium service that is no longer premium.  Spotify should either discount my premium subscription amount or reinstate my full premium service.  How hard can it be to work something out with Roku?  Who is at fault here in this problem, Spotify or Roku?  It probably involves money but Spotify has no ethical problems with taking mine even after being party to a reduction in my service.   I'm not 12 years old so the array of technical issues and solutions make my eyes glaze over.  All I'm saying is a fix should be as easy for me as it was for Spotify to yank my playlists off my TV! 

Suggested posts