Roku Premiere+ won't load playlists

Roku Premiere+ won't load playlists

woopdefreakindo

I've had this Roku Premiere+ for about 3 months now- never had an issue with the Spotify app until yesterday. It wouldn't open at first so I restarted my Roku- that allowed the app to open, but then it got stuck on a black 'loading' box when I tried to open my playlists. I closed and opened later and it only found a starred playlist- one problem, I can't star any songs because I don't have a starred option in my spotify player for Mac? It never showed up as an option for me and it's not in my list of playlists. I tried manually creating a starred playlist but that didn't work. 

I can search for a song and play that, and top tracks will play(too bad I only like one song on there right now), but for the life of me I can't get it to load MY playlists. So frustrating. 

31 Replies

Re: Roku Premiere+ won't load playlists

ChuckHeston
Regular

Spotify on my Roku Ultra and Roku 3 don't do a very good job at loading playlists either. We have mutilple accounts that we're switching to and it's always a waiting game to see if the playlist that I want to play will eventually load. Some playlists never load.

Spotify needs to give a little attention to their Roku channel.

Dante0480
Casual Listener
This is really ridiculous. With the technology available today, these people should be ashamed to release such a horrible product. The app on the iPhone is awesome but it's no use if I can't play it through the roku on my tv and stereo system. How hard could this really be? Everyone has a cloud based system today that easily switches from a phone, to the web, to a tv! This is totally aggravating!

Regular

same issue here with the Premiere+
forever loading playlists since 2 or 3 weaks ago..

i already try everything, the spotify app on the roku sucks

Catchgle
Casual Listener

I am having the same issue on my ROKU 3 as well as my Marantz SR7008. Ive been with spotify for almost 4 years now, but this is the 1st time something like this has happened!!!

pointyskull
Casual Listener

I am having the same issue on my Roku Premiere.
Spotify channel won't load playlists.

WHAT IS THE FIX???

Dante0480
Casual Listener
I talked with customer service. They have no clue when it will be fixed. Cancelled my subscription today. Amazon music also does not allow you to stream custom playlists to the roku. The best way that works is slacker premium. I'm happy with that! Music back on the stereos!!

Regular

**bleep**, are they serious?
I just bougth the ROKU for the SPOTIFY Channel, since my SHARP TV doesnt have Spotify...

I also have a NAD+PSB Stereo System that cant play Spotify...

Im really pissed off

PlumCrazy
Having same problems last 2 or 3 weeks on both my Roku Ultra and Roku 3. This really sucks as I am paying for a Premium subscription and have to listen to Slacker with commercials half the time. Get with it Spotify!! I moved from Slacker and had no reason to go back before this.

Kriselda

I have Premium, not Premium+, and am having the same problem with my Roku stick. Before getting Roku, I had tried using the Amazon TV Stick and I couldn't get it to load Spotify at all. With the Roku, I've founf that anytime I'm logged out from the app, I have to do a restart of the Roku stick. If I don't, any track I try to play is paused and will not respond to any play commands. That's been a minor annoyance,but this not being able to load my playlist is ridiculous.

SUGGESTED POSTS