Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Roku search no longer working

Solved!

Roku search no longer working

When I search in the Spotify channel on my Roku I get a Error searching (code 16.1) message. I've restarted the device and unintalled and reinstalled the channel to no avail. Any thoughts? thanks.

184 Replies

Same problem here

I sent at email on Thursday last week complaing and they replied to which I replied with specific info and so far no response.  also sent a tweet.  

we all need to scream loudly to get some attention.

thanks enuf said! Bye Spotify. But law suit is not my option it's a disappointment I'll live.

Mine worked for 2 weeks before 16.1 issue came up. I have hours into playlists that are down the drain if have to cancel. But S.H.'s

This sucks. Is Apple Music on Roku? Might have to cancel Spotify

Spotify responded on Twitter. They are aware of the issue and say they may have good news soon.

No reason to go nuclear on Spotify/Roku. If you are going to rely on cloud services, you have have to expect not everything will be perfect at all times. The fact that they responded to my tweet, let alone withing a few hours is pretty impressive. Lets see how fast they can get an update.

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/696968776676413440?lang=en

Agreed. They responded to my tweet, too. Here's hoping they do a full makeover of the app.

THey emailed me this morning, and I emailed them back describing the problem and referring them to this board to review all comments.

Jeff

So it looks like about 3-5 of us have been contacted and responded. I'm kinda disappointed on this because as you pointed out, they haven't releasedUpdates for the app on roku in a long time.  Agreed?

I had the same problem with Spotify.  I unplugged Roku for 30 seconds and when it rebooted it worked just fine.

Re-booting did nothing for me. Same error.

This started for me about a week ago.  At first it would give me the error (16.1) after each letter until I spelled the whole artist or song, which was super annoying, but at least I could eventually hear some music.  Now suddenly this morning, I can get no search results regardless of how much and how precisely I enter the query.  The channel is completely useless now.  I can't listen to music.

The Roku channel is the main reason I pay for the service.  If it won't work I see no reason to continue paying $10 a month.  They need to fix this PRONTO!!!

No idea if it's related but the search function on the Onkyo CR-N755 seems to have stopped working too!

Is that sarcasm?  That is a stereo that does not appear to have apps such as Spotify.  Are you saying I shouldn't expect it to work on a Roku?  They released the app.  They should support it.

Whoa!!! No, not sarcasm at all. Chill man - I really am having a similar issue. It's a network receiver, so it does have spotify. It uses an Onkyo app that controls the unit. The search function has been a bit hit-and-miss for the last week or so but today seems to have stopped working altogether. I presume there must be some standard API's to interface with devices, which I'm surmising might have been changed recently, making them incompatible with 'legacy' devices such as your Roku box and my Onkyo box.

Sorry.  I just find this issue annoying.  I'm on edge.  The Spotify app on Roku is the main reason for both my buying a Roku recently and my premium Spotify subscription.  For it to suddenly stop working is incredibly frustrating.  Sorry it is happenning to you too.  Good luck to us both.

Contacted Roku, tried three different things suggested.... Soft reset, hard rest, deleting channel....  nothing worked.... still same issue.  Spotify needs to fix, not an issue with Roku is what they said.

My Search function does not work at all now, not at all no matter what I do.

I listen to spotify all day through ROKU.

This has been going on 2 weeks and I pay 9.99 a month

I'm frustrated by their lack of communication to this thread/board.

Yeah, there are a lot of API integration. Sonos is another I can think of, I wonder if Sonos users are having any issues?

Seeing as the Roku Spotify app has not been touched since 2014, it would seem as if it may have been internally abandoned by Spotify. My bet is, whatever changes Spotify made on their databases, probably affects any app using outdated API calls. Most are probably fixed quickly, but Roku development seems to have stalled since 2014.

From the tweets and emails, it seems like they are on it. If it was a simple API call fix, I am sure they would have released it by now. Perhaps it is requiring a complete re-work of the Roku app, in which case who knows - we may get a lot of improvements beyond this bug fix when it comes time for release.

Mine started working again yesterday so I asumed the problem was fixed.  But today, it's not working again.  Maybe it's a sign they're working on it.

Suggested posts