Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Roku won’t play when “Play Everywhere” is selected

Roku won’t play when “Play Everywhere” is selected

i can choose the roku from the device list and play it by itself, but when I select play everywhere, it’s not included in the devices playing. 
is this a roku issue?

im logged into every device. 

6 Replies

Hey @Canyonman,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you please share the make, model, OS version and Spotify version of the device you're using to control the playback? In any case, it's a good idea to start the troubleshooting by performing a clean reinstall. This removes corrupted files from previous installations that are usually causing such connectivity issues. 

If that doesn't fix things, could you check for any updates for the firmware of your Roku TV/Set Up box. We'd appreciate it if you include the version you're running in your response.

We'd love to investigate this further! We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi

I'm having exactly the same issue, I would also like for Spotify through my Roku device to be included in the 'Everywhere' playback. I have two other smart speakers (both Alexa enabled) that play together when I play 'Everywhere' but the Roku device is never included. It would be great if we could have it playing through the TV (using the Roku device) and also playing everywhere, as we really like having the visual display.

The Roku device I'm using is the Roku Streaming Stick + (Model 3810EU).

The version of Spotify on the device is 2.7.16.

Thanks

Hey there @ricktaylor89,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you let us know if you followed the troubleshooting steps that @Mihail provided?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have 3 different Roku devices and none of them will play when "Listening Everywhere" is selected. Only devices like google nest, echoes, etc. No matter what device I choose to host the group, any computer or any of the 3 roku devices, it doesn't play sound on the devices that are logged in.

I reinstalled the apps to each roku, reinstalled to both computers, reinstalled on my iphone.

If I use my mac to play "Listen on Everywhere", the macs audio stops playing, same if I run the group my PC or ipad.

the PC and Mac state 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7
phone 8.5.86
roku model 3930X vers 9.4.0.4200
roku model 3800X vers 9.4.0.4200

Hey @Canyonman,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd appreciate it if you send us a screenshot of the "Listen Everywhere" option, as it get's displayed at your end - is it on the Spotify or Roku app? 

Also, can you share the make, model and OS version of the devices you mention - the two TV's, the Phone, PC and Mac? How are they connected, via the same internet network or another method? It's a good idea to restart them and the router, if you haven't already.

Note that if your phone is with Android, we've recently rolled out a more recent version. Let us know if the issue persists once you update the Spotify app. 

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts