Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SMART TV - SPOTIFY BREACH

SMART TV - SPOTIFY BREACH

- FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS SPENT THE PAST FEW MONTHS TRYING TO FIX THE BROKEN STANDALONE APPLICATION ON SMART TV'S!!!! -

I just received this email from Spotify "Customer Support" as a finalization to 4 months of trying to troubleshoot the "forever loading" playlist bug and the broken interface on the standalone Smart TV Application...........

"Hello again, Thanks for getting back in touch. We'll be happy to explain what's happening.

As we look to improve the overall Spotify experience, we are removing the app from specific SmartTVs. With new wireless streaming opportunities, it’s now easier to simply connect Spotify to your different devices, rather than having an app for each, so we believe this change will provide you with much smoother listening sessions. Don’t worry, there are still plenty of ways to stream Spotify on your TV.

Check out our guide, or head here for more information about this. We're always testing things to make Spotify better overall. We apologize if this means you're no longer able to use Spotify like you could before. We hope we were able to clear that up for you. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with. Take care, James"

So to summerize...... Spotify is “improving the overall Spotify experience” by forcing users (whom were otherwise happy) to purchase additional hardware and or drastically change their habits simply because they have been unable to fix the issues with their standalone application! So we bare the expense of your failure!?

When was Spotify going to actively make this known the users? Maybe creating a pop-up on the broken app that states that app support is being removed? Maybe removing the Application from the Smart TV marketplace at the start of the year?

No, insead they just allowed the app to fall into a state of disrepair to the point of no longer being functiuonal, MEANWHILE THE COMMUNITY HAS WASTED MONTHS AND MONTHS LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION TO A KNOWN PROBLEM THAT THEY NEVER INTENDED TO FIX!!!!!!???

How f$&king convienient for Spotify that every user like me has been paying for this broken app for 4+ months now! F%#K THAT! Absolutely disgusting conduct and a blatant breach of consumer affairs and the end-user agreement!

In my situation having the standalone application on the TV is the only viable option.

DEAR SPOTIFY! I WILL NOT BE BUYING ADDITIONAL HARDWARE TO ALLOW THE CONTINUED USE OF SPOTIFY ON MY TV AND I WILL NOT SUFFER THE DETRIMENT OF "DRASTICALLY CHANGING MY HABITS". INSTEAD I WILL BE CLOSING MY ACCOUNT AND SIGNING UP FOR DEEZER SO THAT I CAN CONTINUE TO STREAM MUSIC FROM MY SMARTTV AS A STANDALONE APP!

MORESO! You have just openly admitted to breaching your own end-user agreement with regards to software servicability and quality of service provision; you're also in breach of consumer regulation by disallowing a paid service due to techincal fault without compensating those effected by the outage; you didn't even notify those effected! You even spent months misleading your users in order to sustain their premium service payments.

I demand a prompt refund for the time I’ve experienced a blatant loss of service; which I paid for. 01/18/2017.

I ENCOURAGE EVERY USER IN THE SAME SITUATION TO DO THE SAME!

Absolute disgrace!

0 Replies

Suggested posts