Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SONOS - Spotify Playlists not sorted by folder

Solved!

SONOS - Spotify Playlists not sorted by folder

Has anyone else had this problem?

About two months ago I opened up my Sonos interface (Desktop, iOS, Android, same results accross all devices) and my myriad of Spotify playlists which had been meticulously sorted into sub-folders by genre/mood/etc are now unsorted into one giant list.  Also, my "Starred" list (I know I know I know... Spotify is trying to kill the Starred list... harummph) is unsorted and doesn't contain any of the tracks I've added since August of 2014.  I've tried disconnecting my Spotify account and reconnecting... nada.

I've raised this issue with Sonos several times only to get no response (which is very strange, they are normally quite quick with at least a response, if not a fix).  I'm wondering if the reason is because it's fundamentally a Spotify issue and not a Sonos issue?   

I've been a Spotify/Sonos lover for a long time but this is starting to kill my buzz.  Sadly, if this doesn't get fixed soon, once Apple Music is Sonos integrated, I might be making the switch.  I've already invested in my home music hardware... that can't be changed.  By my music service is month-to-month.  I can switch that any time I want.

And if anyone from Sonos is reading this... WHY HAVEN'T YOU RESPONDED TO MY PLEAS?????

Thanks, everyone.

CMM

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As far as I know, the new Spotify app on Sonos is basically their current web player which does not know playlist folders. Some Spotify users have already been equipped with a new beta version of the web player looking like the current desktop client and probably also supporting folders. But I have no idea when all Spotify users will have access to that new web player, and if or when Sonos might get another update to that web player/app version then.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

As far as I know, the new Spotify app on Sonos is basically their current web player which does not know playlist folders. Some Spotify users have already been equipped with a new beta version of the web player looking like the current desktop client and probably also supporting folders. But I have no idea when all Spotify users will have access to that new web player, and if or when Sonos might get another update to that web player/app version then.

A-HA!  Of all the Spotify players I have never used the Web Player before and lo and behold, the playlist sorting on the web looks exactly like it does in Sonos.  So Sonos is tapping into whatever engine is powering the web player and not the desktop/iOS players and their functionality.  I suppose that makes sense being that Sonos is trying to overhaul the Spotify experience in Sonos.

My Starred list is still correct on the Spotify Web Player though and still incorrect on Sonos.  I suppose I'm going to have to get with the times and stop using that list.  Still bummed Spotify is trying to kill the Starred list.  It was seriously my favorite feature in all of Spotify.

Thanks, Hans!

-CMM

I think one of the reasons for updating the Sonos app were the radio stations that are offered in the web player, too, because a lot of Sonos users missed them in the old app.

Yup, exactly the same problem. Sonos just replied

"Thanks for getting back to us. We're working on the features you're missing. We recommend bookmarking our blog for any changes:  blog.sonos.com.

Very Annoying.

My Starred list is still correct on the Spotify Web Player though and still incorrect on Sonos.  I suppose I'm going to have to get with the times and stop using that list.  Still bummed Spotify is trying to kill the Starred list.  It was seriously my favorite feature in all of Spotify.

Make a new "starred" playlist in the desktop version of spotify, then copy your starred tracks into it and it will show up in Sonos

I can't see how this is a solution.

Spotify's WEB API removed the use of folders - but its still present on their apps.

Just add it back in.

There's a rover on Mars. I think we can figure this out.

I don’t see this as solved.  

Many years later, we still we cannot see playlist folders on the Sonos App.

Please make this happen.

Suggested posts