Premium

Country

Greece

Device

Sony TV (KD-49XH8096 BRAVIA)

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

On my recently purchased Sony TV (KD-49XH8096), the Spotify app pauses EVERY song for 20 sec, approximately when 40 sec are left before the end of the song.

This happens both in free and premium versions.

In addition, when changing song the pause will occur in the first 20 secs, progress bar running but not playing. Tried uninstalling, disconnecting, etc. but nothing fixed...Everything is updated to latest version.

• TV

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again @ThomasK13,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We understand that you have a stable connection, but it would help us narrow down the possible cause of the issue if you could try on a different network to see if that makes any difference.

Also, we recommend reinstalling the app, unplugging your TV from power for a few seconds and plugging it back in.

If none of those do the trick, try resetting the router by unplugging it for at least 15 seconds.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there @ThomasK13,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try creating a mobile hotspot from your phone and connecting the TV to that network instead of the house Wi-Fi? This will help us determine if it's a network issue.

If that doesn't change anything try performing a factory reset of the TV and reinstalling the Spotify app.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for the reply. Network connection is definitely not a problem, my connection is stable at 50Mbps, have tested this already. The app behavior reveals a pattern as it repeats itself the same way.
I would like to avoid a reset at this point just to test spotify. In similar posts this did not solve a lot. I would prefer an update fix, but anyway...
Marked as solution

Hey again @ThomasK13,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We understand that you have a stable connection, but it would help us narrow down the possible cause of the issue if you could try on a different network to see if that makes any difference.

Also, we recommend reinstalling the app, unplugging your TV from power for a few seconds and plugging it back in.

If none of those do the trick, try resetting the router by unplugging it for at least 15 seconds.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I tried the hotspot solution and it seems that is working, no standard pauses in songs! That is weird at least because my router wifi is working fine. Do you have any suggestions related to the wifi impact on the app?
Thank you again and i apologize for my initial "denial"

Hi there @ThomasK13,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd suggest contacting your internet service provider for more detailed info on why certain features might be blocked by the router. 

There could be some protocols which the app requires for normal functionality that are not supported or blocked on the router itself.

You can try performing a factory reset on the router and disabling any firewall rules that include Spotify.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts