Safari No Longer Supported??!!

Highlighted

Re: Safari No Longer Supported??!!

Casual Listener

Im also having the same error message as the OP! open.spotify and play.spotify does not work. They were working  a few days ago! My free trial ends in  few days and I was willing to be a paying subscriber but this is a deal breaker! I dont wanna switch to a new browser nor download the desktop app! Spotify needs to fix this!

Highlighted

it made me download the app

I downloded the app and now it works. I really don't want to be downloading any apps though, so if i find a way to make it work on safari, I'll go back to using it on safari. Other than that, i'll most likely end up listening to some other alternative website like deezer or soundcloud. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same here, I've been using spotify since the beginning and I pay a subscription. And I'm behind a vpn, I can't use the app. This doesn't make sense. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same error on Firefox 52.3.0 Can't use the web player this way. I don't even see a reason paying for this anymore...

Highlighted

Meh, I needed a good reason to switch to Apple Music anyway. Thanks you for being that stupid Spotity.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Highlighted

Casual Listener
I don't wanna move away from Spotify. I have built up playlists since 2011. And I think they have more content than Apple Music or google play. And I don't like google musics app interface too bright and hard to navigate. Not sure yet about Apple Music but if there is a way to import my playlists to them automatically I might give them a try.
Highlighted

Regular

@CAJ691, you should still be able to use Firefox (I can). See https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/system_settings/enable-the-spotify-web-player/

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Yes I can use the web player on Firefox on Mac OS
Highlighted

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

It's not the operating system that's unsupported, but the browser.

I don't know if activating the user-agent switch in Safari could work in this case (Spotify uses a widewine plugin Apple does not want to use), but it's worth trying anyway.

SebastyRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS