Safari No Longer Supported??!!

Highlighted

Re: Safari No Longer Supported??!!

Casual Listener

I also noticed that when I play the same song side by side using the macOS desktop app vs firefox webplayer that the volume from the desktop app is lower than the firefox webplayer. Both are on full volume and the desktop app is still lower volume and sounds more "dull" like mids and bass are dampened. Firefox sounds as supposed to. Played around with the app settings but couldnt find anything related to volume output or equalizer. Anyone else had this happen and does this also happen with Chrome or other browsers? 

Highlighted

Regular

I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you, but I can tell you that I've seen several other users complain about the same volume issue since they updated the player a few days ago.

Highlighted

There are so many ads on open.spotify, so I think they want us to see the ads. that's why play.spotify cannot be accessed anymore. 

At last, I will say, never use the App, you will see more ads on the App than on the Web, and it will be forced to install into C:\XXX

Highlighted

Regular

@SebastVAIO, we know it's the browser (Safari), not the OS. As I stated in the edit to my original post, I tried changing the user agent to Chrome and allowing the Widevine plugin, but it still did not work.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

@riegelstamm

That's not the problem, I have DRM enabled. Spotify is garbage.

Highlighted

RIDICULOUS

Highlighted

Roadie

Is the app not an option? Or a better browser like chrome?:D

Highlighted

Casual Listener

For me the app is not an option on a company computer. Other browsers, which steal data (like Chrome) aren't an option either. I hate IE, but that might be my only chance, which is ridiculous.

I've been paying premium, so I can listen to quality music at home, on the go and in the office too. Now I have one less reason to keep paying...

Highlighted

Regular

Unfortunately IE 11 is also no longer supported. It seems they are really trying to push installing the webplayer, apparently not caring at all that a lot of their user base cannot install third party software.

Highlighted

Also Firefox ESR v.45.8 (extended support release) is no longer supported.

This must be a joke or a massive bug... spotify will loose me as a customer if they don't fix this. Firefox ESR and IE11 are the only browsers i can use at work. If i cannot use the webplayer, there is no need for me to pay any monthly subscription.

this is ridiculous

SUGGESTED POSTS