Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung 2015 Smart TV

Solved!

Samsung 2015 Smart TV

Has anybody seen Spotify in the new Samsung TV's

Pasi

227 Replies

Spotify is available in the Tizen appstore but might not be available for every model. Try to do a firmware update and after that check the store again.

Spotify is still not showing up on SmartHub on my UN40J520DAFXZA. Are there any updates on this? It would really help, especially with the holidays approaching.

I am having problems with the Spotify app on my Samsung JS9000. 

When I first downloaded the app it worked fine. I logged in using my Premium account details and all, and it worked for a while.

Lately, when I try to start the app, the spotify logo shows on the screen and nothing else happens. The three white dots indicate that somehting is loading, but nothing from then on.

I have restarted the TV, I have upgraded to the latest TV firmware  (from 1472 to 1480), but nothing...

Other apps work fine , including Youtube.

Any ideas?

Forget the buggy Spotify apps on a Samsung tv.
I bought a media box (< $100) running Kodi with add-ons on Android. Hooked
it up to my Samsung throgh HDMI.
YouTube give you plenty of reviews. Mine (H96 Pro) has an octacore
processor and runs Spotify perfectly.
Plus zillion of other apps...
Marked as solution

Yey Thank you i have Samsung AU48J6200 and now its support spotify KUDOS

IMG_20170101_183229.jpg

LOL i will just use my Phone

Marked as solution

Anyone knows why I can't find spotify for my samsung smart TV (model UE40J5200)? I live in Spain. 

I have a Samsung UN65J6200, Spotify is not available. I contacted Samsung a couple days ago and was told Spotify has not been released for my tv. I also have a 50" version of this tv in another room, no Spotify available. Every other Samsung TV I've seen, Spotify has been available. Seriusly disappointed in Spotify developers. I'm canceling my premium membership and joining Pandora. It came installed out of the box. 

Pandora does not allow you to play music on demand - FYI 

Shame you can't get Spotify.

I have Spotify, Deezer and Pandora on my Tizen based TV.  Spotify works 95%, I occasionally need to fully power off/on TV when Spotify does not start load (stuck on three dots flashing). Deezer works with no problems but if there was I don't know where I'd get support as they don't have a community like this. Pandora works for anywhere from 5-20 mins before it pops up with "an error encountered", and most of the time it continues to play with the error message still on the screen. Can be a little annoying, but funny thing is I never hear any ads. I even tried Pandora One (the Plus subscription) and the error still popped up, so I don' think it has anything to do with ads trying to load having an error. Perhaps it is my firewall timers, or the Pandora app itself or even Pandora servers, I don't know yet.  I've found none of the services are perfect, especially when running on Tizen! Even my non-music apps on Tizen are buggy compared to the same apps running on Apple TV. 

When will Spotify be released on the J6200?

Pandora does not allow you to play music on demand - just so you know...

I called Samsung last week since their website says the Spotify app is now compatible with J6200 (I have that model too).

Apparently, they released in on J6200 and then took it off.

I have the same issue. Anybody could help?

@blugosi wrote:

When I first downloaded the app it worked fine. I logged in using my Premium account details and all, and it worked for a while.

Lately, when I try to start the app, the spotify logo shows on the screen and nothing else happens. The three white dots indicate that somehting is loading, but nothing from then on.

I have restarted the TV, I have upgraded to the latest TV firmware  (from 1472 to 1480), but nothing...

Any ideas?

I just solved the problem by going into my spotify account in my desktop (laptop, tablet or smart phone) and go to the sptoify connect icon on the right bottom side of the spotify page. Click that icon and connect the Samsung Smart TV which is on the same wi fi.
It works fine now.
@blugosi wrote:

Any ideas?

Hello, in october 2016 my first message :

"On my tv UE32J5200AK the Spotify's app not exists. I stay in Italy.".

My TV is 2015's product.

The Spoify's app is not there.

The previous messages are not a solution for me.

Same here. Just bought a Samsung 5 series ( 40 ). Software version 1160. Inside "My Apps" I can't see anything related to spotify, neither if I search.

I do have Spotify premium ( usually staying in Norway ) but since I'm in Romania, how can I have Spotify ?

I advise everybody who has a problem with the Spotify app on their Samsung
tv to buy an Android media box ( about € 50-100) and connect that through a
HDMI cable with their tv.

You have thousands of (free) apps incl Spotify. Plus Kodi for free
streaming live tv and series! No more irritation waiting for a good working
Samsung app.

Look for my earlier post about details were to buy and YouTube info.

Not really an ideal solution. You can get a Chromecast for £25 which
will allow you to stream Spotify - What I really didn't want when buying
a £900 television that's supposed to sing, dance, and massage my life
was to spend extra cash on addons.

I had the same expectation till I realized my € 2400 Samsung would never
"sing, dance, and massage my life" without some help.
Samsung wants to sell tv's and a bunch of other stuff. But it is not a
developer of software. And it takes Spotify a very long time to release
it's products on all the platforms.

Suggested posts