Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung 2015 Smart TV

Solved!

Samsung 2015 Smart TV

Has anybody seen Spotify in the new Samsung TV's

Pasi

227 Replies

We waited enough. We want Spotify on our TV's.

Asked Spotify Support on Twitter, this is their reply:

We don't have any more info on this at the moment, but keep checking this space for updates.

If they don't know either, I'm starting to lose hope to have it in the near future.

No,

Hope hope hope !!

Spotify NeEd develop their application on new Samsung TV model (Smart Hub) !

Many users uses this applicatin and new Samsung TVs will be in the wold market in a near future.

Samsung TV's running Tizen OS are out in the market since April 2015, still no sign of Spotify in the Smart Hub.

You better be happy. Better no app than that not working app on my 2014 Samsung TV which always states Error ID:2 which is way more frustrating!

Well, in the end is the same: you cannot use Spotify. That doesn't make me happy, especially since I have Spotify Premium and I feel like I've been robbed. I pay as much as those who have Spotify on all their devices.

Same problem on JU6485... 

I bought a new Samsung TV with Smart TV Hub and a lot of Apps... and there is no Spotify??? Embarrassing...

For all those, who cannot find Spotify app on their samsung TV, try SEARCH on your smart remote. That is how I found it.

Just tried finding it on J6400 - still not Spotify.  I actually started using Pandora again because of this problem.  Hopefully, Spotify will wake up.  I still can't believe it's Sept 2015 and the app is not available - it seems nearly every other music service has an app available.  How long has Tizen OS been out?  

Hi!

I'm having the same problem with my new UHD JU6000. I bought Samsung because the specs stated that Spotify is among the apps. That was the main reason! Then yesterday I've realized this is not the case (to put it in another way: it is a lie). I think Samsung is also responsible. They do not even mention that they do not provide it!

Anyway, I just want to know 1) If there will be a solution (ever) 2) if 1 is Yes, then WHEN?

Thanks for anyone who has a few hints!

Regards,

Szabi

same with Samsungs JU6560 here.. 

On the Samsung page they show the Smart Hub Interface (with!) the Spotify app on it.. quite confusing.. When I asked spotify they told me to ask Samsung and upgrade the firmware. Firmware already was on latest version, Samsung told me that spotify is responsible to deliver their app..

Would be a very very nice thing to have that app, maybe the most important one for smart hub in my thoughts

asdf.JPG

Firmware should have little to nothing to do with this. I have the latest anyways. Spotify simply is not available in the Smart Hub so it's not Samsung's fault (except for the misleading ad/banner on their site). I really don't understand what takes so long...

Well, you know, they just added support to chromecast 2 days ago, so I gues they are still on their usual schedules 😃

Half tented to buy the aforementioned chromecast to wait for the Tizen port...

This is a bit crazy.. I've had my Smart TV about a month now, and have been religiously checking the Spotify presence every couple of days - NOTHING..

I can't believe this is that complex. DEEZER have managed it, and as I understand it, there's little difference between the libraries nowadays, so I may have to take a free trial elsewhere 😞

Same here. Updated the TV's firmware every time a newer came out, checked almost every day if Spotify got released for Tizen OS but after half a year I give up. Just cancelled my Premium subscription until Spotify wakes up.

Switching to Pandora am I. 

Sadly it's not available in my country, Deezer is crap. Just wondering when will Spotify devs notice this topic and do something about it?

Same here on my UE40JU6000 firm 1411, search for Spotify once again and .........nothing 

Like i have done for the Spotify App in iOS (because they took too long to optimize it for iPhone 6/6+screens),

my next month Premium subscription will be canceled  until Spotify wakes up for Tizen port for the APP for Samsung 2015 Smart Tv.

Regards for all

Am I right I'm thinking that it all already exists on other Tizen platforms and just needs a tweak and recompile? When they do it, I hope they take Spotify connect in to account.

It's a shame that Samsung and Spotify with each other and with us doing. Until they solve the problem I suggest the use of the screen mirroring to the Spotyfi be enjoyed on your TV...(or Chromecast)

I've got a Bluetooth sound bar, so can still listen to music in the living room.. The whole idea being I'd like to be able to leave it running, or allow others in the house to use Spotify while im in work. I can muddle through, it just ticks me off - its not as if I'm an early adopter of new technology.

Suggested posts