Regular

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I hope obtain some (good) news quickly, Spotify app is just vital 🙂

Xavier

Re: Samsung 2015 Smart TV

dirtyred
Roadie

Reply from Samsung Support just arrived telling that it's the Spotify developers responsibility to make Spotify available in Smart Hub. Come on developers, I can't wait to listen to Spotify in my living room, especially when I have guests!

a45r6
Regular

Yeah !!! Very good news 🙂

thank you for the information.

Xavier

Oksås
Same here... Bought a Samsung UE48J6275XXE 10. August (2015), and I can't find the Spotify-app neither... -.-

rongten

The new samsung uhd use tizen (based on linux) as OS for their smart tv.

This means programns need to be recompiled for this OS. You have now multiple competiting OS for the new SmartTVs offered formthe different manufacturer: IIRC, WebOS for LG, FirefoxOS for Panasonic, and Tizen for Samsung.

Tizen runs on smartwatches and alternative phones.

Since they all provides SDKs, I think it is matter of time. Other interesting programs like Plex are missing as well.

Interesting times.

dirtyred
Roadie

From Spotify I'd expect having it ready even before the release. Tizen OS was announced almost a year ago at the Tizen Developer Conference, time more then enough for testing.

About Plex: beta could be installed from USB and the stable version should appear in the Smart Hub this week according to their developers. I don't understand why Spotify is not releasing a downloadable beta (if they have any) for all of us, keeping us in the dark and frustrated.

klinkhammer21

WoW.

Pulled the trigger on a SmartTV and thought, "This is great!  I don't use the apps much but if I can use Spotify it'll be worth it."

I'm not as pumped as I was 4 hours ago.  This is crap.

dirtyred
Roadie

Plex came out on monday. Still no sign of Spotify.

I don't want to be disrespectful, because I love Spotify, but what the hell are the devs doing?

bdubb830
Casual Listener

I did notice that Pandora managed to have their app ready to go......

Ambivalence
Community Legend

Spotify needs to port their app over to Tizen, as the older models use sort of a hybrid between Android and Samsung. Just wait a while, they haven't announced anything.

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!
SUGGESTED POSTS