Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung 2015 Smart TV

Solved!

Samsung 2015 Smart TV

Has anybody seen Spotify in the new Samsung TV's

Pasi

227 Replies

I had the same expectation till I realized my € 2400 Samsung would never
"sing, dance, and massage my life" without some help.
Samsung wants to sell tv's and a bunch of other stuff. But it is not a
developer of software. And it takes Spotify a very long time to release
it's products on all the platforms.

Sigh, everything has been saying this app is released on Tizen since November, but that still remains to be a lie. I wish Spotify would get their story straight at least.

What is the right firmware version i need? Firmware: 1034 is it good?

Thanks

I too have model UN48J5200 and couldn't find the Spotify App on the TV.  I chatted with Samsung and was told that Spotify is updating the app but they have no ETA for when it may be released.  Very frustrating considering this Spotify community shows the app is availalbe on the TV's.

Solution for UN48J5200 ?

Not yet, still waiting for the release

UNFORTUNATELY, there will be no software updates/patches from Samsung.  If you wish to use Spotify you will have to sell your Samsung TV and buy a new Samsung TV that was manufactured after 2015. My Samsung TV was manufactured in September 2014.  I downloaded Spotify and used it up until August 23, 2017 at which time it stopped working.  Samsung had updated their software and began rolling it out to different geographical regions.  Upon doing so, it disabled the Spotify app on my TV.  Samsung support says there is nothing they can do.  Perhaps it's time for a class action suit...

Yes my tv did an app update on the weekend and removed the Spotify App. I contacted Samsung Australia and they advised that Spotify have removed the streaming app and not Samsung???????

Spotify, 

I am happy to pay a subscription for your service but I am not buying another $2500 TV. Please sort out your app issues and get it back on Samsung TVs ASAP.

Thanks!

Suggested posts