Samsung 2015 Smart TV

Solved!

Re: Samsung 2015 Smart TV

dirtyred
Roadie

We waited enough. We want Spotify on our TV's.

Asked Spotify Support on Twitter, this is their reply:

We don't have any more info on this at the moment, but keep checking this space for updates.

If they don't know either, I'm starting to lose hope to have it in the near future.

a45r6
Regular

No,

Hope hope hope !!

Spotify NeEd develop their application on new Samsung TV model (Smart Hub) !

Many users uses this applicatin and new Samsung TVs will be in the wold market in a near future.

dirtyred
Roadie

Samsung TV's running Tizen OS are out in the market since April 2015, still no sign of Spotify in the Smart Hub.

Maxolomeus

You better be happy. Better no app than that not working app on my 2014 Samsung TV which always states Error ID:2 which is way more frustrating!

dirtyred
Roadie

Well, in the end is the same: you cannot use Spotify. That doesn't make me happy, especially since I have Spotify Premium and I feel like I've been robbed. I pay as much as those who have Spotify on all their devices.

Tarcil

Same problem on JU6485... 

I bought a new Samsung TV with Smart TV Hub and a lot of Apps... and there is no Spotify??? Embarrassing...

butterflies

For all those, who cannot find Spotify app on their samsung TV, try SEARCH on your smart remote. That is how I found it.

bdubb830
Casual Listener

Just tried finding it on J6400 - still not Spotify.  I actually started using Pandora again because of this problem.  Hopefully, Spotify will wake up.  I still can't believe it's Sept 2015 and the app is not available - it seems nearly every other music service has an app available.  How long has Tizen OS been out?  

Havelock11

Hi!

I'm having the same problem with my new UHD JU6000. I bought Samsung because the specs stated that Spotify is among the apps. That was the main reason! Then yesterday I've realized this is not the case (to put it in another way: it is a lie). I think Samsung is also responsible. They do not even mention that they do not provide it!

Anyway, I just want to know 1) If there will be a solution (ever) 2) if 1 is Yes, then WHEN?

Thanks for anyone who has a few hints!

Regards,

Szabi

spotijan

same with Samsungs JU6560 here.. 

On the Samsung page they show the Smart Hub Interface (with!) the Spotify app on it.. quite confusing.. When I asked spotify they told me to ask Samsung and upgrade the firmware. Firmware already was on latest version, Samsung told me that spotify is responsible to deliver their app..

Would be a very very nice thing to have that app, maybe the most important one for smart hub in my thoughts

asdf.JPG
SUGGESTED POSTS