Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung 2015 Smart TV

Solved!

Samsung 2015 Smart TV

Has anybody seen Spotify in the new Samsung TV's

Pasi

227 Replies

Another thought is to take the message to other venues where people are considering which service to buy, for instance on the cnet site. They have multiple article on which streaming service is best.  Spotify, in my opinion gets a downgrade if they are unable to provide service on a Smart TV.  Just posted there.  

I just bought a 65" 7100 series and it initially came with Spotify app and a day later a software update removed it. I also can't find it when I search the smart hub to download it.
Does this mean there is no more Spotify app for Samsung TVs?

I have the same problem 😞

Would really like to see some kind of response from Spotify on this. I would love to use Spotify on my TV!

Maybe it was buggy so Spotify removed it. At least we know they are working on something. You could try to ask the Support Team...

I have no idea how to go about doing that. I might try to open the web browser and try it out there.

Or i just get the Nvidia Shield TV instead 😉

Get the Roku USB Stick or HDMI 3 or 4 and the Spotify app is on there. Works well too with the TV. The APPS on the smart TV are less than optimal anyway...

I would not buy a device only for Spotify plus I would hate having a second remote control.

no need to have a second remote - other Roku users use the Samsung smart TV remote - you can setup as a universal remote. I do agree not worth it just for Spotify - you can use most of the other apps on it and they work and stream better on Roku

With my luck if I'd buy a Roku, the second day Spotify would release it's app for Tizen OS...

I'm so confused... Spotify works great on my older Samsung Smart TV. I just bought a new one for a bedroom, and Spotify isn't even an option on it. 

When I looked into Smart TVs, I would've ruled out the model Samsung I purchased had I know Spotify isn't available on the model -- especially since the main reason for using Smart TVs is for spotify and netflix.

What is even stranger is that the spotify icon shows up in various "help" images throughout the smart hub on my new tv ... but alas, the actual spotify app is nowhere to be found on the newly purchased model.

I'm not sure whether to blame Spotify or Samsung, or both, for this though. Very frustrating. If the app works on my older (within a year of the model I just purchased) Samsung TV, why should it be an issue for the slightly newer, and presumably "updated", model?

I presume you bought a 2015 model which has a new operating system called Tizen OS. It was announced around January 2015 and released around April, so Spotify had 3 months before the release and since then 8 months. It's not Samsung's fault (I strongly believe) but Spotify's because other apps like Plex and Deezer were made available months ago.

Here's a Live Idea, you might want to vote on it (and your friends as well), maybe the developers wake up this year... https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Samsung-Spotify-for-Samsung-Tizen-OS/idi-p/1238561

Es una basura no pueden sacar una versión para Samsung 2015 hasta el próximo año, deberíamos cancelar nuestras cuentas premium y dejar de comprar smart TV Samsung 

Fed up with this situation. I approached Samsung and complained, stating they were guilty of false advertising. They sent me a long and detailed list of things to check basically to make sure I was on the latest firmware. I was, then when a got to bottom of email it said, I hope this resolves your reception of erroneous adverts. I responded, explaining the real problem and suggesting they read their emails properly. No reply. I went into Curry's and they are showing the TV's with the spotify app listed, but when I pointed this out to a sales rep he pointed to the small print which said apps might not be avaiable but coming soon. I posted on Currys facebook page advising people to not buy a Samsung TV or ask for their money back. It didn't get past the censors, I just cancelled my Spotify premium account. No chance to explain properly why. Spotify, you suck! 

You might want to upvote this idea, maybe Spotify will take it into account someday... https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Samsung-Spotify-for-Samsung-2015-TV-Tizen-OS/idi-p/12385...

Spotify is available as an app on the smart TV - I don't understand why you guys can't download it and install

I checked earlier today, 12/17/2015 and it certainly isn't available for download on a 2015 model tv with the latest firmware update.

Available on older samsung TVs, but Samsung chose a new Operating System for their 2015 TVs called Tizen. Spotify have not released a Spotify app to run on 2015 Samsung TVs or told us they plan to do so. Despite the operating system being advertised and launched Jan 2015 and released April 2015. Hence I de-spotified! If they want my custom back they can employ a few more programmers and team leaders, and what would be nice would be some proactive PR people, just to give a bit a warm fuzzy feeling that they care, and are grateful for our money....

Currys have posted my reply on their FB page now. Wonder if they get any traffic and if it gets any repsonse!

outerlimits777, which smart tv are you talking about? The 2015 ones are Tizen based and there's a huge lag of companies writing apps for that OS! It seems Samsung cocked up big time. My earlier Samsung TV is hugely more useful. The newer models with 4k are brain dead through lack of apps!

I wrote to Spotify on Twitter that it would be nice to have an app for our devices but they didn't even replied...

Suggested posts