Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung] App disappeared from TV in New Zealand

[Samsung] App disappeared from TV in New Zealand

Spotify was working fine on my Samsung Smart TV last week, then suddenly disappeared. Even searching for it on Smart Hub Samsung Apps returned nothing.

I then found a post suggesting I change region in Smart Hub to USA from my normal New Zealand region. Sure enough, spotify appears normally when using USA region.

Trouble is I use other apps (streaming NZ TV) that only work in NZ region.

Any ideas why it disappeared from NZ, and whether it will come back?
5 Replies

Hi. On checking the NZ help pages, the Samsung Smart TV isn't mentioned so it seems that spotify isn't meant to be available at the moment. I'm not sure if this is down to licensing or technical issues but Spotify won't tell us or will they guess when the service will become available. You could try Samsung support although they will probably just refer you back to Spotify.

EXACT thing happened to me in Australia last month. I even signed up as a premium subscriber to use it. I just posted about it too (sorry didn't see this thread).

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/Samsung-UA40ES6700-Spotify-app-disappear...

Here's what I wrote:

So I actually subscribed to spotify to use it on my Samsung UA40ES6700 (Australia) when the app appeared in the Smart Hub.

It worked for 2 months, then after an auto update to the Smart Hub and/or TV  the app disappeared. It is no longer downloaded to my TV, and it is not available to download to the tv anymore??

I contacted Samsung - they told me Spotify must have removed it because it is a 3rd party application.

I'd like some clarification around this issue. Annoyed I signed up to use Spotify on the tv as a media hub for the family and now it is gone...

Help?

Anyone else have this issue?

I'm having the same issue on a new Samsung 7000 series. It's really disappointing! I hope they resolve it

It seems this has just happened again in Sept 2017. 😞

Same happened to me. Spotify disappeared from my Samsung Smart TV, I yesterday have spoken with Samsung in Norway. They tell me Spotify has removed the app from august 2017. Believe it or not.

Suggested posts