Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Galaxy Watch - Remote Mode

Solved!

Samsung Galaxy Watch - Remote Mode

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia (Currently Internationally Roaming)

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+/Samsung Galaxy Watch

Operating System

Android 8.0.0/Tizen 4.0.0.1

My Question or Issue

Hello Spotify,

I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Watch and have installed Spotify as an application on the device. I currently overseas for work and do not have a Wifi connection, thus am trying to use the Watch in Remote Mode for my Phone rather than Wifi Streaming. However when I go to switch the Mode it is stating that it cannot connect the Watch to Spotify's App on the Phone even though the Bluetooth Connection is strong and working correctly. Any idea what to do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Solution is already described and works, see here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Gear-S3-remote-issues/td-p/4616868. My comment with "how to" got deleted and god knows why but google how to rollback to an older version and you'll be ok. Atm you won't get any help from the Spotify guys.

The only problem left for me is if I have WiFi active on my phone I can't remote connect. As soon as I turn it off it connects automaticly.

View solution in original post

72 Replies

Same problem:

Unable to start Spotify

Connect to Bluetooth to start listening

Watch & Phone are connected everything else works fine.

Having same issue and it's really annoying. I only use my Galaxy Watch Spotify app in remote mode to control my phone playlists while I'm out, and a few days ago it just disconnected. 

Always either says BT not available or it can't find the Spotify app on my phone and to open it on there - I do and nothing happens. 

I've reinstalled Spotify on the watch and factory reset the watch too.

I can remote control my music from the built in Music app so it's definitely not the connection, Spotify need to sort this out. Using an S9+ too on Android 8.0.0 and Galaxy Watch  on Tizen 4.0.0.1

not sure if spotify dont care about galaxy watch or it might take them awhile to reply, if this contiune i may as well unsubscribe and start downloading music if this is not fix asap.

Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Galaxy Watch, same issue. Anyone a solution jet?

Hi Guys,

Same issue here. I have noticed that this happened to me after Spotify update on my S9.

When i press remote on my watch it will start Spotify on my phone but nothing else is showing on my watch. When i press remote again it just says "unable to start spotify"

1 to 1 the same. It starts spotify and that's it. I hope they resolve the issue asap

Same here, annoyed me so much yesterday that I'm about to return the watch. Hardware is one thing but if a company like Spotify can't release stable software for this then there's little hope for other developers with their bugs. I could survive a captive app store with a watch but not with so many bugs.

Just downloaded TIDAL on my watch and phone. Giving it a try since they offer a 3 month free trail right now. If spotify doesn't fix the problem before my subscription renewal I'll just cancel it and keep using TIDAL. It may be a bit slower than the Spotify watch app but has still far less problems than Spotify. 

I'm having the same problem with my Samsung galaxy watch and spotify.  It say can not connect to spotify on your phone.  I'm hearing a problem with the latest update of spotify.  How do u install an older version? Please someone walk me through and spotify please fix asap

I have the same issue. One of the reasons I buy galaxy watch. And the ONLY reason I changed from tidal to spotify. Please fix this or I'm back to tidal.

Same problem here with Gear S3 Frontier. Has Spotify abandoned support for this wearable app?

Another use on this forum called Heroxoot found a fix.

It's not an issue with the watch, rather an issue with the phone app. The Solution I read was to rollback to the version of Spotify 8.4.79.612. That seemed to fix it.

Same here with Galaxy Watch and OnePlus 6 phone. 

How to roll back on previous Spotify version ? 

Search for that version on apkmirror.com

Link

Good to see the community responses but where are the Devs ? I'm about to return my galaxy watch as I feel it's not supported due to tizen.

I am disappointed in purchasing Galaxy Watch because of 2 things:

1. If BT headset is connected to watch, it just supports media audio, no call audio.

2. Spotify remote does not work

I was having a problem with Spotify remote not working on my Galaxy Watch as well, but I just went back to the later version that someone else suggested in this post and it worked. In regards to the BT headset I am not sure, I am guessing there is some sort of setting you can adjust, but I am not sure.

This worked for me.

Suggested posts