Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Samsung Galaxy Watch - Remote Mode

Solved!

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch - Remote Mode

Arobles2012

Same issue for me in the US. I can play music on my watch thru WiFi, and it shows it's connected on the Spotify app on my phone. But it won't connect for the remote.

Solution! 1 person liked this

Nameexchange
Regular

Solution is already described and works, see here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Gear-S3-remote-issues/td-p/4616868. My comment with "how to" got deleted and god knows why but google how to rollback to an older version and you'll be ok. Atm you won't get any help from the Spotify guys.

The only problem left for me is if I have WiFi active on my phone I can't remote connect. As soon as I turn it off it connects automaticly.

1 person liked this

jctlalpan
Casual Listener

Hello everyone, 

I just started a chat with spotify support, the issue is clearly in the spotify phone app. 

There is no way to downgrade, unless you download from a suspicious third party, there are no official links from spotify to download a previous version! So we have to wait for now

They have opened an ticket to see what is causing the issue, I'll let everyone know once if I hear anything from my side. 

Don't waste your time on restarting or starting the app. The samsung side works, for now its a software bug. 

Hold on to your samsung watches and your spotify subscription, don't sell them on ebay yet! 

Polla2256
Casual Listener

Too little too late I returned mine to EE today.

Highlighted
1 person liked this

Dvansan
Casual Listener

Hope this does not take too long to fix, I use my gear s3 to control my music at the gym every day. This being available on my watch is the only thing keeping me with spotify. If I cant have the convenience of the watch remote with spotify, I might as well switch back to google. 

I'll give it at least until next week before I cancel, to see if spotify is at least aware and working on a fix 

OryZ
Music Fan

Hi. I have a Kenwood headunit on my car. There are no bluetooth connection issues up to v.8.4.77.779.

Issues starts from v.8.4.78.530.

I think it's the same issue, serial bluetooth connection issue.

1 person liked this

Danall2

I am still having the same issue... Any updates on an official fix with the phone app?? ?

OryZ
Music Fan

Try installing 8.4.77.779 version

SUGGESTED POSTS