Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Samsung Galaxy Watch - Remote Mode

Solved!

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch - Remote Mode

EoinB2
Casual Listener

Dont know about anyone else but I dont have the 3 dots option when the Samsung player is set to phone, its only there when its set to watch

bradavon
Roadie

Do you have a Galaxy Watch or Galaxy Gear?

There are people with the Gear S3 who in the other thread on this forum who've said the dots aren't there. It is for me with the Galaxy Watch.

This workaround was posted twice above, including this addition :).

1 person liked this

EoinB2
Casual Listener

Its a galaxy watch and everything is up to date.  On the phone music screen there is no 3 dots or the swipe up menu that the watch view has.  The track is always listed as Unknown too which is probably related to the issue.   The phone is a OnePlus3 running android 8

Highlighted

kenobinai
Casual Listener

Also on a Galaxy Watch, and no 3 dots. Do you have the Spotify app installed on the watch?

bradavon
Roadie

It's not reliant on the Spotfy app.

The Samsung watch Music App detects which music related apps you have installed and can bet set to talk to any of them. I can't say why you don't have the dots. Do you have the latest Samsung updates installed? Google it maybe?

For instance I'm using it to control the BBC Sounds music app.

If you don't have the three dots downgrade the Spotify app for now. I posted links on the previous page. I prefer this as it's proper Spotify integration.

kenobinai
Casual Listener

Got it to work now - had to restart both the phone and the watch.

EoinB2
Casual Listener

Restarting the watch got the 3 dots and full functionality from the native music app, thanks!

Wings1523

I had same issues using watch for music leaving 

phone at home while working out. Never worked from spotify.  Today everything worked. I was about ready to get rid of galaxy watch and spotify 

DRuss324

Very annoying.  I can no longer recommend Spotify to friends until they fix this issue.

bradavon
Roadie

@Wings1523 wrote:

I had same issues using watch for music leaving 

phone at home while working out. Never worked from spotify.  Today everything worked. I was about ready to get rid of galaxy watch and spotify 

It's still not working for me. It only works if you install an older version of the Spotify Android app.

The last version that this worked with is 8.4.79.630 from 9th of November 2018 from 2.5 months ago :(. To make things worse Spotify have released several Android updates recently :-/

Everyone chase Spotify suport -> sup port@spotify.com (remove the space, for some reason it's a banned word :-/)

SUGGESTED POSTS