Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Galaxy Watch - Remote Mode

Solved!

Samsung Galaxy Watch - Remote Mode

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia (Currently Internationally Roaming)

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+/Samsung Galaxy Watch

Operating System

Android 8.0.0/Tizen 4.0.0.1

My Question or Issue

Hello Spotify,

I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Watch and have installed Spotify as an application on the device. I currently overseas for work and do not have a Wifi connection, thus am trying to use the Watch in Remote Mode for my Phone rather than Wifi Streaming. However when I go to switch the Mode it is stating that it cannot connect the Watch to Spotify's App on the Phone even though the Bluetooth Connection is strong and working correctly. Any idea what to do?

72 Replies

Here's my responce to my chase, they replied quickly at least. Everyone do the same:

We're sorry about the continued issues with your with your Galaxy Watch and Spotify. 

We've checked and our tech folks are still looking into this issue with Samsung. Rest assure that a fix will be on its way soon. Please always make sure that your app and firmware have the latest version.

This has been going on for me since November. Samsung is passing the buck to Spotify and Spotify has no clue. As soon as I find another app to download my music too, I'm cancelling Spotify. 

Just downloaded TIDAL per someone's recommendation - have the same problem as the Spotify app. ughhh

With the latest update both on watch and phone it works! 

Watch app or Android App?

I've updated both of them.

It's fixed for me too. I suspect they've fixed the Android app, which was updated on 6th of March.

The Samsung Tizen app now lets you sign on using your mobile, so some works was done there too.

It only took 4-5 months 😕

I'd been chasing Spotify and kept getting fobbed off with every email, it'll be fixed soon. That's all they kept saying. I'd given up and wasn't going to chase again.

Nope it was clearly the Watch Spotify Update who fix the Problem!

I'm happy but 5 month for such a problem is really too long.

Well it broke when Spotify updated their app.

Their support told me they're working with Samsung so possibly a combination of both sides.

This is just soo annoying for far too long. The spotify pages state it would be working, apparently it is not. Further, it seems their most recent app versions are simply faulty or changed as it works with older spotify versions... Get this issue fixed asap!

This is not a solution, more like a workaround, which tech company suggest to use older version of their software to overcome an issues it's users are facing 😅

Luckily I received an update to Spotify watch app yesterday (17th April 2019) seems it fix the bug in remote mode. I'm using Spotify for Android (v8.5.1.734) now, with remote mode enabled.

Thought id comment if it could help anyone, but after having the same error ( "can not connect to Spotify on your phone. please open the app there to continue". ) whilst switching from standalone to remote and not finding any solutions i found one my self. I noticed while my Watch tried connecting, the gps symbol on my phone appeared for like a milisecond. And i enabled locations (gps and wifi) on my watch and it worked instantly

i'm using this app almost 6 years and i will cancel my subscription because of this useless updates.

Suggested posts