Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung Gear] [Bug / Missing functionality] Sync local files result in 'prefetch item unavailable'

[Samsung Gear] [Bug / Missing functionality] Sync local files result in 'prefetch item unavailable'

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(Samsung Gear 3 Sport)

Operating System

(Samsung Gear 3 Sport and Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Created a playlist for my gear watch including local and cloud files. Clicked 'download' at playlist and got the notification: 'prefetch item unavailable'.

Please tell if this is a bug that will be fixed soon or if the samsung gear (3 sport) do not support sync of local files. I bought this watch ONLY because of the spotify sync feature and - of course - to sync my local mixes for running. If the watch does only support download of spotify cloud songs I will send the watch back.

The issue is not new! Please see https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Local-pc-songs-on-gear-s3-smartwatch/... too. There was no answer and - as I guess - no fix!

3 Replies

Hey @sebishmaster.

Right now, local files can't be synced to Samsung Gear or other smart watches.

However, you can suggest this as a new idea here and get support from other users.

For all the information about how Spotify works on wearable devices, head to this support page.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

This is absolutely unacceptable!

Samsung is aggressively advertising their smartwatch Gear 3 Sport with

• Spotify offline sync
  • 4 GB storage.

After the android OS there are only ~2 GB left for the user to use and spotify does not have full offline sync (for local files). 

This is not a solution - but may be the truth, because of missleading advertising. Especially since it has been already reported to spotify in 2017 ( https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Local-pc-songs-on-gear-s3-smartwatch/... )!

PS: Your reCAPTCHA verification system is broken in google chrome for a long time now. Users have to use internet explorer to write here at all.

We understand your frustration and will pass your feedback on to the right team about this.

About the CAPTCHA, have you tried an incognito window?

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts