Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro Unable to Sync Offline Playlist Correctly

Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro Unable to Sync Offline Playlist Correctly

Basically the same issue as this thread

On version 1.1.24. 

The Tizen Spotify app for the Gear Fit 2 Pro is incredibly broken. 

After downloading one of my offline playlists onto the watch over wifi, any subsequent updates will not sync. The app will show the "Downloading" status bar and say the songs finished downloading, but the moment I turn wifi off, the songs are unplayable. They do show up with the green download arrow, but clicking on them just plays the last song in the playlist that was downloaded with the original sync. I've also noticed, the most recent unplayable song doesn't display on the screen correctly. In offline mode, it gets cut off by the bar at the bottom which doesn't happen when the watch is connected to the internet. 

I've tried all suggested workarounds in the previous thread and the only one that works is completely uninstalling the app from the watch, re-downloading, then re-downloading the playlist which is not really an acceptable workaround.

Please advise. 

41 Replies

Hi @jaywong,

We just wanted to let you know the tech team are still investigating this. 

In the meantime, we've moved your thread back to the Help Board. We'll continue to update you right here. 

Stay tuned! 

Chiming in to reiterate that I have the same issue on my Spotify app with the gear fit 2 pro, as well. I also bought the watch for the offline Spotify capabilities and have been listening to the same 20 songs because offline playlists won't update properly.  Thank you for working to correct this.

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Using a brand new Gear Fit 2 Pro, the spotify app says the playlist has downloaded, but roughly half the songs on the playlist have a grey cloud with an x through it instead of the green arrow and are unable to play offline.

Hi there, I had that issue too with my Gear Fit 2 Pro, but it seemed to only be a problem on that specific play list.  It seemed to work okay just giving up on that one and making a new play list to transfer.  But now Spotify won't work at all without being bluetoothed to my phone.  Gar!

I think we can all benefit from having better documentation for the Spotify app for the Gear Fit2 Pro than what we have currently.

Another user documented their experience at https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearable-Tech/Gear-fit2-pro-spotify-offline/m-p/249373/highlight...

I'm guessing it's the DRM functionality that gets in the way of our being able to play our downloaded tracks as expected. I've been experimenting with the app and the following is what I found:
1. My Gear Fit2 Pro software version is R365XXU2CRC7.

2. You might have to 'go offline' while the app is logged in on a working WiFi connection to be able to play the downloaded tracks. After going offline, I can head out for my run and listen to the tracks without a data connection.

3. There may be some specific maximum duration you can stay in offline mode. I suspect it is much less than 30 days for the watch app.

4. To ensure that you can play the tracks offline, you may have to sign in to the app on a working WiFi connection and load the playlist. You will be prompted to sync the playlist even though there have been no changes made to the playlist. This sync process is much faster than a download from scratch (after wiping all downloaded songs).

5. As noted by jaywong: The "Shuffle Play" button on the Tizen app while in offline mode does not work as expected. It picks a random song to start, but the next song is just the next song on the playlist. I can live with this, or might even prefer this, since I have a much longer playlist than I need for my runs, so I can pick a different starting song for each run and know that the same song won't come up too often 🙂

I have the gear for 2 pro. Spotify says it' downloaded the songs, but as soon as I am not near or have Wi-Fi on they will not play.  My purpose of getting this watch is so I can leave my phone in my locker at the gym and still be able to connect the watch to my wireless headset and enjoy music. But it won't play the songs. Getting frusterating. 

Hi Spotify, i had both fit2 and recently upgraded fit 2 pro for its atm. Spotify works like charm on fit 2. However Fit 2 pro just cant login through a wifi connection anymore. Worst it doest allows u to dowload when going out for a run. Now it defeat the purpose to get the fit2 pro.

I have a fit2 pro too. I can sign in using the Spotify login option but not the Facebook one. I use my email address as the user name for the Spotify login option. I had to reset my password to get it to work. I can use offline playback on my fit2 pro too.

I am having same problem. It seems on my Samsung gear fit 2 that the songs are not fully downloading. It says that the songs are downloaded and I have the green download button but when you look at the storage taken up it’s only 100 or so megs. Should be  a lot more then that with the playlist fully downloaded. I absolutely ONLY bought this thing for the offline Spotify playability. Very frustrating. 

So I have finally got it to work. After downloading my songs. I can now go offline. And it plays my songs. Only downside is its not showing all the songs. If I wanna play a song that's not showing I have to keep pushing the next song button. Annoying. But least I can play without my phone. 

Like everyone else here, I've tried everything to get this to work on my fit 2 pro. I only bought it to run without my phone. What good is offline if I have to be connected Ted to WiFi? Any updates?

Hey there, I think in most cases people find they eventually are able to
make spotify work okay offline, it just may not work quite as well as you
had hoped it would. E.g.I've got mine working again but it looks like it
only downloaded about half the songs in a 60 song play list I tried to use
offline the other day. The ones it downloaded seem to work fine but it
gives no explanation as to why the rest didn't download. Other than that
issue I think my main difficulty was working out that it will let you use
your watch as a remote controller for playing spotify on your phone without
being logged in on your watch, but to go offline you first have to find the
setting in the spotify app to log in properly. It is super non intuitive I
think which is why everyone struggles to get it working. Hunt through the
settings in spirit in your watch, make sure you're logged in and have it
set up to work offline ( I think there was a setting for that too from
memory).

Having the same problem. This is an incredibly broken app and for some reason Spotify has yet to fix the problem. If this issue persists, I may have to switch over to Apple Music and Apple Watch.

@Melody

@Chris

Hi Chris/Melody/Mod Team

Could you gives us an update on this issue?

Or let us know if Spotify actually plans on fixing this issue or should people make plans on getting rid of the Samsung Gear watches. 

I also have this problem, after download my playlist and make it offline on my watch. Randomly some songs will disappear from the playlist. It happened few months back, i cant be bothered to try every now and then when i realised this spotify was a battery drainer on fitpro2. I guess till now there is no update version but i think as a developer, shouldnt you guys should try out on the watch and see how buggy your app are and try to solve the problem?

Chiming to say that I am having the same playlist issue with my GearFit 2. It appears that the songs have all been downloaded but only the first ~10-15 songs will actually play. Kind of stinks having to listen to the same songs over and over on a 12 mile run 😕 

Same issue. The app hasn't been updated since September last year.

Considering offline Spotify playback is the only real reason to buy this device, the fact is doesn't actually work is insane!

What is the ETA for getting this resolved?

I also cannot update my playlists for offline.  I also have an offline shuffle issue.  Reading through this thread, it's dispiriting to see how long this issue has been happening and is not fixed.  Agile sprints are usually 1-2 weeks.  Even if they're doing monthly deployments, this is has missed multiple.

Totally agree. It's an appalling lack of action. Make sure you've given
them a review on the app you remind them.

Good news!  I was able to reach someone at a higher level and they've logged the bug (playlists not updating) with the developers and in the queue to be fixed.  Not sure how long, but it's actually going to be worked on now.

Suggested posts