Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro Unable to Sync Offline Playlist Correctly

Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro Unable to Sync Offline Playlist Correctly

Basically the same issue as this thread

On version 1.1.24. 

The Tizen Spotify app for the Gear Fit 2 Pro is incredibly broken. 

After downloading one of my offline playlists onto the watch over wifi, any subsequent updates will not sync. The app will show the "Downloading" status bar and say the songs finished downloading, but the moment I turn wifi off, the songs are unplayable. They do show up with the green download arrow, but clicking on them just plays the last song in the playlist that was downloaded with the original sync. I've also noticed, the most recent unplayable song doesn't display on the screen correctly. In offline mode, it gets cut off by the bar at the bottom which doesn't happen when the watch is connected to the internet. 

I've tried all suggested workarounds in the previous thread and the only one that works is completely uninstalling the app from the watch, re-downloading, then re-downloading the playlist which is not really an acceptable workaround.

Please advise. 

41 Replies

Are you able to share how/who you got in contact with? Not updating the
playlist is a drop in the ocean of the bugginess.

I'm currently communicating with "Martin" but our correspondence is through support@spotify.com.  So far, I've told him about:

1. Offline playlists do not update

2. Offline Shuffle does not work

If there is another bug that you would like me to pass on, please reply with the exact issue and the specific steps needed to replicate the issue.  If they can't replicate it, they can't fix it.  Thanks.

Suggested posts