Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Gear S2 BT disconnected

Solved!

Samsung Gear S2 BT disconnected

Hello,
I installed the spotify app on my Gear S2 and want to use it with spotify on my Sony Xperia Z3 compact. The problem is, that when I start the App on the watch, spotify opens up on the phone, but the watch says "Unable to start Spotify BT disconnected"
The devices are connected via Bluetooth.
Any Ideal?
64 Replies

To download Spotify For the Samsung Gear Fit 2 follow this link to learn how to use a vpn to get the app

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Spotify-app-for-Samsung-Gear-Fit-2/m-p/1436030#M64949

I had the same issue. What I did was first set the default gear s3 music to play from watch. Then I disconnected the gear s3 from the phone and reconnected. The app started working again. However, whenever I switch the music app from watch to phone, it screws spotify up. I haven't figured out how to sync the gear s3 music app directly to my google music app/samsung default music app.

For some reason, the gear s3 music app was designed to act as a remote (when switching from gear to phone) for any music app playing on the phone.

Try toggling "remote connection" under "gear connection" in the gear manager app

seems to have solved it for me *fingers crossed*

Why does this say solved when it isnt solved????  I cant play spotify on my Gear S3.  I am trying to stream on LTE but cannot log in...BT Disconnected.  Returning this POS today.  I only purchased it to run and stream music.  Back to my garmin and running with my phone.

Rather than it being a gear s3 issue, this is a spotify issue.

That's why i posted it to Spotify forums and not Samsung. Unfortunately there are no other streaming options for Gear S3.

Unfortunately....hopefully, more apps will come out for Tizen OS......If you want any good news, there is an app that is coming out that will hopefully resolve this issue.

http://wammer.me/

@js2000 wrote:

Unfortunately....hopefully, more apps will come out for Tizen OS......If you want any good news, there is an app that is coming out that will hopefully resolve this issue.

NICE!  It gives me hope 🙂  I only looked through you link quickly on my phone for now.  Is it ready to use or still being developed?

Also, I am not sure how true this is, but i have read in several places now that Samsung was responsible for developing the Spotify App and Spotify refers issues to Samsung, seems strange but I have seen that on a few forums now.

Now with galaxy A5. It works perfectly.

Can u stream Spotify without ur phone near/connected?

@homeboyslim wrote:

@js2000 wrote:

NICE!  It gives me hope 🙂  I only looked through you link quickly on my phone for now.  Is it ready to use or still being developed?

According to the developer, the development of the app is completed. He/She is currently undergoing the final test by Samsung before it is released to the app store. All we can do now is cross our fingers.

@homeboyslim wrote:

Also, I am not sure how true this is, but i have read in several places now that Samsung was responsible for developing the Spotify App and Spotify refers issues to Samsung, seems strange but I have seen that on a few forums now.

Rather than Samsung developing the app, they test the app before releasing it to the public. Samsung should not be capable of creating a Spotify app unless they provided the api to Samsung developer team.

@homeboyslim wrote:
Can u stream Spotify without ur phone near/connected?

I believe you are referring to whether or not you can stream spotify using the "wammer.me" app without the phone right?

If the developer is not lying, then you should be able to "stream" without data connection. The "wammer.me" app is designed to store playlist music into the remaining 2GB of storage on your watch while being connected online. Then once you are not connected to data or bluetooth connection, it will read the stored music on the watch. 

So after a ridiculous amount of time, i have fixed my issue, which may help some of you.  I am trying to stream on my watch, without my phone (Galaxy S6) and could not get this working.  Anyway I was getting the BT Disonnected and then when I tried to connect my Gear S3 to Spotiify via LTE, I would log in (on the watch), then i it occured to me I had this same issue a while back on my phone. Instead of loggin into Spotify with my email address, I used my Spotify username, even though the login box says "email"....once i did that BOOM.  Worked perfect and has continued to work with zero issues!  Hope this helps some of you.

@homeboyslim wrote:

So after a ridiculous amount of time, i have fixed my issue, which may help some of you.  I am trying to stream on my watch, without my phone (Galaxy S6) and could not get this working.  Anyway I was getting the BT Disonnected and then when I tried to connect my Gear S3 to Spotiify via LTE, I would log in (on the watch), then i it occured to me I had this same issue a while back on my phone. Instead of loggin into Spotify with my email address, I used my Spotify username, even though the login box says "email"....once i did that BOOM.  Worked perfect and has continued to work with zero issues!  Hope this helps some of you.

Unfortunately, most users will probably be buying the bluetooth version rather than the LTE version. However, congrats on getting yours to work.

Okay guys, this is the first time I posted to Spotify Community forum. So I've been emailing the support since Monday about the problem. I have a Gear S2 paired with my OnePlus 3. The app only works on "Stream over wifi" mode, while on my friend's watch (same Gear S2, but paired with Galaxy S7) it works over "remote" mode. And we're both living in Indonesia.

At first the team asked me to tell everything as detailed as possible (Android version etc etc). I even provide a video to show how the problem happens. At first they thought that I have a Gear Fit 2 and told me it's only works in the US (which is a bit funny since I wrote "Gear S2" on the subjet mail). After that they gave me an account to test it so that they can "know if your app continues to have performance issues while it’s logged in to this account. It will help us get to the bottom of what exactly is causing it.".

Then I reset both my watch and the phone app, relogin with the test account they gave me, aand the problem still exist. I replied their email, and this is the last email they've sent to me:

"Thanks for replying and keeping us on the loop.

We've taken a second look backstage and can see that Samsung Gear S2 is only currently supported in the US. It might have worked for a friend of yours but we cannot guarantee that you'll have same outcome since you're currently on a country where it is not suppoerted.

We apologize that we can't be of much help this time. We appreciate your cooperation."

Although I do love Spotify so much, I'm a bit pissed of with this. One of the reason I made a switch from Pebble to this watch is because of this feature. I was amazed when my friend shown me he can pick a playlist/songs right from the watch. They really need to fix this bug since the watch itself aren't exclusive to Samsung Galaxy phone owners (even the watch is now compatible to iPhones, right). I do hope that in the future they'll figure this out and release an update to their watch app, since it's still version 1.0 till now.

Problem solved.
After you download to you're gear s2
1. Go to the settings on you're gear
2. Go to connections
3. Turn off Wi-Fi
It should work because it worked for me. Hope this helps

What phone? Likely a Samsung which means it likely does not apply to most of the people posting here.

Hey guys, I still have this problem but when I close Bluetooth from phone and open it again Spotify connects. I'm using Samsung galaxy s6 edge & gear s2 classic. Hope it helps

Suggested posts