Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Gear S2 BT disconnected

Solved!

Samsung Gear S2 BT disconnected

Hello,
I installed the spotify app on my Gear S2 and want to use it with spotify on my Sony Xperia Z3 compact. The problem is, that when I start the App on the watch, spotify opens up on the phone, but the watch says "Unable to start Spotify BT disconnected"
The devices are connected via Bluetooth.
Any Ideal?
64 Replies

Came here because I was having the same issue. I was able to solve it - at least to work in remote. 

On Gear, make sure you turn off all networks off, except for Bluetooth. Restart Gear, and it should work. If you just want to be able to control Spotify from my Gear S2 - this solution works. I will see if it works over WiFi when I get home and post any updates, if any.

The spotify app works when you're NOT connected to wifi with your phone. It works when connected to cellular network (Gear fit2).

Someone here suggested you should sync your Gear while spotify was playing. Worked for me.

Wow, I have the same problem and no one has seemed to have the answer.  Are logging into your phone- the app or the watch itself? 

That is great news!!

Marked as solution

I've had the Bluetooth disconnected issues while trying to use remote mode. For months there were no problems then after switching phones I noticed the issue. One fix I found was turning off and on Bluetooth from the watch side under connections -> Bluetooth. Suddenly this fixed it despite reinstalling, restarting not working.

Suggested posts