Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung HW-N950 turns off after 5 minutes of pause

Solved!

Samsung HW-N950 turns off after 5 minutes of pause

Plan

Premium

Country

Gernamny

Device

Samsung Q7FN and Samsung HW-N950 Soundbar

Operating System

Tizen

My Question or Issue

Hello,

i own an Samsung Q7FN and a Samsung HW-N950 soundbar. Spotify works fine on the TV, normally.

When i play a song and press pause for 5 minutes,  the sound output switches to TV-Speakers. The Samsung supports told me, that the Spotify App is responsible for this. Is that true? Are there any options in Spotify to set this "time out"?

I can't belive this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello Nico,

i have a new response from Samsung. Spotify is not guilty 🙂

Translated from the german samsung support

>>

I am now happy to explain why your Samsung Soundbar turns off automatically. This function is called "Auto Power Down".
If you have connected your HW-N950 via HDMI (ARC) or the optical output and no audio signal is transmitted for 5 minutes, the Samsung Soundbar switches off.
This function also works if you use the wireless Bluetooth function or an Aux cable. "Unfortunately, "Auto Power Down" cannot be deactivated.

>>

I hope there will be a Firmwar update without this feature.

thanks again. Love and peace for everyone 🙂

Kater

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hallo @KaterMusch! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd, I've never heard about this issue before.

Please check your TV and Soundbar settings if there is some timer or somethig else that is set on 5 minutes. 

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Hello Nico,

thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, you can't adjust anything on the Samsung HW-N950 Soundbar. With the exception of the speaker levels and the surround mode.
Maybe someone is here who also has a Samsung TV and uses Spotify on it, but has a different sound bar or an AV receiver. It would be good to know if the sound switches off after a 5 minute pause, too.
With the info I would contact the Samsung support again.

Thanks

Hey @KaterMusch!

I've escalated your issue to the support.

I will reply on this thread with help soon. ^^

Peace

Marked as solution

Hello Nico,

i have a new response from Samsung. Spotify is not guilty 🙂

Translated from the german samsung support

>>

I am now happy to explain why your Samsung Soundbar turns off automatically. This function is called "Auto Power Down".
If you have connected your HW-N950 via HDMI (ARC) or the optical output and no audio signal is transmitted for 5 minutes, the Samsung Soundbar switches off.
This function also works if you use the wireless Bluetooth function or an Aux cable. "Unfortunately, "Auto Power Down" cannot be deactivated.

>>

I hope there will be a Firmwar update without this feature.

thanks again. Love and peace for everyone 🙂

Kater

Hey @KaterMusch

Thanks for the extended details. ^^

I knew I haven't heard anything like this before.

Grüße aus NRW.

Peace

ress and hold the left direction on the direction pad on the remote for more than 5 seconds or until Auto Power Link appears on the soundbar display to activate or deactivate Auto Power Link. Note: Auto Power Link only works with an optical connection, and should be turned on by default.

Suggested posts