Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Smart Hub

Samsung Smart Hub

I have seen a couple other threads but they appear to be outdated. I have a Samsung 3D Smart TV that I have spotify on. Just bought a Samsung Blu-Ray Player with Samsung Smart Hub for my living room but cannot find Spotify on it. Any new info for when/if they are going to be bringing Spotify to these?

Thanks in advance.

15 Replies

Hello there, welcome to the Community!

Spotify isn't available on any Blu-Ray players at the moment. If this changes in the future we'll be sure to let everyone know on our blog. This is the best place to keep up to date: http://www.spotify.com/blog/
โ€”

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Thank you much. Just out of curiosity, why isn't it available on blue ray play players? I wouldn't think the difference between the Samsung smart tv and Samsung smart hub would be that much of a difference. Again, thank you

It's sad to have music on TV but not on sound equipement !

It's why i canceled my subscription, no way to read spotify either on my samsung home cinema or on my panasonic TV, unable to transfer via dlna, so unusable on my home equipement (or have to put a jack wire).

I liked the android app but pay so much just for occasional use only on my phone....

Thanks for the tryout,

Bye.

An ex-future customer.

I really don't know why this has to be this way, samsung app is a samsung app, why the differentiation?? I have Deezer on both, TV and Blu player!

Any update on this? Was just looking through the Smart Hub apps on my Samsung bluray system but no Spotify ๐Ÿ˜•

I also would like to know this, still waiting for spotify on samsung blu-ray. Now using Deezer because spotify still issent available.

i to use samsung i need compatibility

@DevilDog wrote:

I have seen a couple other threads but they appear to be outdated. I have a Samsung 3D Smart TV that I have spotify on. Just bought a Samsung Blu-Ray Player with Samsung Smart Hub for my living room but cannot find Spotify on it. Any new info for when/if they are going to be bringing Spotify to these?

Thanks in advance.

i to use samsung i need compatibility

Same problem here. My solution...putting a google chromecast on a free hdmi port and streaming spotify to my tv via spoticast app. TV - optical out brings the sound to my receiver. works fine.

+1

As a new customer, I am still evaluating Spotify system to decide if I keep the subscription.

Being able to install the app from the Operaโ„ข TV Store in my Blu-ray player, is a decisive feture to convince me to stay.

Seems that Spotify just doesn't care if we can use it or not on our Samsung tv. Makes it even more sad because I have Premium.

Will Spotify be published for Samsung's 2015 models running Tizen?https://support.spotify.com/at/problems/#!/article/Samsung tells me that it is available for Smart Hub TVs (4000-9000) from 2012-2014. I've just bought a J6250, and no Spotify app is in sight.

you can use screen mirroring, thats what i did, and used my phone as controller ๐Ÿ˜‰

As of 2017 Spotify has been added to Samsungs's Smart Hub and can be unsed without the battery draining Screen Mirroring.

Thank you for the update

Suggested posts