Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Samsung Smart Hub

Samsung Smart Hub

DevilDog
Casual Listener

I have seen a couple other threads but they appear to be outdated. I have a Samsung 3D Smart TV that I have spotify on. Just bought a Samsung Blu-Ray Player with Samsung Smart Hub for my living room but cannot find Spotify on it. Any new info for when/if they are going to be bringing Spotify to these?

Thanks in advance.

15 Replies

Re: Samsung Smart Hub

Robbie
Spotify Legend
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

Spotify isn't available on any Blu-Ray players at the moment. If this changes in the future we'll be sure to let everyone know on our blog. This is the best place to keep up to date: http://www.spotify.com/blog/

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

DevilDog
Casual Listener
Thank you much. Just out of curiosity, why isn't it available on blue ray play players? I wouldn't think the difference between the Samsung smart tv and Samsung smart hub would be that much of a difference. Again, thank you

ansi33

It's sad to have music on TV but not on sound equipement !

It's why i canceled my subscription, no way to read spotify either on my samsung home cinema or on my panasonic TV, unable to transfer via dlna, so unusable on my home equipement (or have to put a jack wire).

I liked the android app but pay so much just for occasional use only on my phone....

Thanks for the tryout,

Bye.

An ex-future customer.

edlo82
Casual Listener

I really don't know why this has to be this way, samsung app is a samsung app, why the differentiation?? I have Deezer on both, TV and Blu player!

Kizzm0
Any update on this? Was just looking through the Smart Hub apps on my Samsung bluray system but no Spotify :/

MrMattie
I also would like to know this, still waiting for spotify on samsung blu-ray. Now using Deezer because spotify still issent available.

ezi
Casual Listener

i to use samsung i need compatibility

ezi
Casual Listener

@DevilDog wrote:

I have seen a couple other threads but they appear to be outdated. I have a Samsung 3D Smart TV that I have spotify on. Just bought a Samsung Blu-Ray Player with Samsung Smart Hub for my living room but cannot find Spotify on it. Any new info for when/if they are going to be bringing Spotify to these?

Thanks in advance.

i to use samsung i need compatibility

FDe
Casual Listener

Same problem here. My solution...putting a google chromecast on a free hdmi port and streaming spotify to my tv via spoticast app. TV - optical out brings the sound to my receiver. works fine.

SUGGESTED POSTS