Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Smart TV - Spotify app freezes at startup

Solved!

Samsung Smart TV - Spotify app freezes at startup

Hi,

Since june / july 2014 my Spotify app won´t start, the app freezes at the startup screen picture (With the half spotify logo on a grey background). I'm not receiving any error messages or codes, nothing it just freezes.

Everything's up to dates in terms of firmware/software. My Samsung TV (Type UE46F6475) is running the latest firmware (latest updated 2014-10-14) and the installed Spotify app is also up to date. The app is no longer possible to uninstall and then reinstall as it nowadays seems to be integrated to the Samsung firmware.

Any suggestions? Please help me find a solution to this!

Best regards, Simon.

62 Replies

I reset the Samsung tv and it worked.

Reinstalling does not work for me.  Still just get the three dots loading screen.

Did you reinstall the app or the Samsung tv? I did the tv as if it were new
out of the box. Bummer that no one provides an 800 number customer service
on this. Let me know if that worked.

The app.  Really dont want to factory reset the tv to get an app to work.

I do the both posible solutions:

- Factory Reset

- Reinstall the App
But the app still dont work, is stuck in the black loading screen with the three dots. 

PS. i have 2 weeks with this problem and im getting crazy for a solution 😞 

@Jorshemmy

I'm afraid the only definitive solution is for Spotify to fix the app. Send
them an email.

I felt the same, but really wanted the app to work. Resetting the TV didn't
change much if anything from what I remember.

to who? Spotify? or Samsung? 

i have the same problem. This is very annoying

Spotify or Samsung should solve this problem urgently

@Jorshenny

Probably best to contact support @Spotify because they're the developer of the app.

I'm not absolutely sure about this because I can't find the original source but I think I've read that Spotify is not going to continue to develop their app for pre-2015 Samsung sets running the Orsay operating system. 2015-present models run on the Tizen OS and Spotify is still working on this version of their app. This page lists Samsung tv models and their OS. I mention this because when you contact Spotify support it might be a good idea to tell them which operating system your TV is running on. There's obviously a fix for this problem but it's a matter of waiting for Spotify to get around to it.

FYI I'm now completely bypassing the TV and streaming Spotify from my laptop directly to my AVR (Yamaha RX-v581). With this method my equipment and setup is able to display song/artist information on the tv screen but without the functionality (playlists, etc) of the actual tv app.

Just read the following on Spotify's information page about their app on Samsung smart TVs. It's at the very end of the document:

Note: Spotify is not supported on the J-series of Samsung Smart TVs, even those that run the Tizen operating system.

Don't know how I missed this before, or maybe it was just recently appended. This is so confusing because why would Samsung deliver a TV with the Spotify app pre-installed if Spotify didn't support it.

Anyway, looks like I'm out of this discussion because Spotify has excluded my model (JU7100/JU7000) from further development.

Good luck, folks.

I actually signed up for spotify premium specifically because I could run it from my  58" samsung smart tv. Worked great until a few days ago, started freezing and crashing and then poof app just disappeared. It's not there at all to reinstall, and doesn't show up if I search for it to install. So annoyed. I don't want to pay 10 bucks a month for a service I can't use. I realize I can cast it from my phone to my sound system, also Samsung, but the volume isn't as good and I can't adjust equalizer settings that way.

Anyone know if I can fix this without resetting my tv since the app doesn't even appear on any screen now to reinstall?

The Spotify app was announced to be shut down on my television by the end of the August. I guess that happened to you too. I suggest you get a ChromeCast.. That's something that keeps working. 

I found a sort of bypass to the three dots screen, whilst it appears to be frozen on that screen, ops  spotify on another platform connected to the same wifi, on "devices available" the TV should be listed. Connecting to it takes you away from the three dots screen and let's you use the app as usual without having to reset the TV.

There is an option to manage your apps through the app settings. If you go to the Spotify app, you can select a “reinstall” option. This reinstalls the app on your tv. Takes 5 seconds. Works fine now.

@stayhellarad wrote:

I found a sort of bypass to the three dots screen, whilst it appears to be frozen on that screen, ops  spotify on another platform connected to the same wifi, on "devices available" the TV should be listed. Connecting to it takes you away from the three dots screen and let's you use the app as usual without having to reset the TV.

This!!!! This is the only thing that has worked!!! Thank you!!!!

I started listening to Pandora Too. I tried to use Spotify on my TV because the random shuffle feature won’t work on Control 4. Spotify won’t even open on my Samsung Curve. I think Spotify needs to get with it to Fix it’s problems playing on current Technology. It also needs to allow subscribers to play Spotify more than one place at a time without requiring different log ins. #Pain #notuserfriendly Also don’t make us tweet customer support. #Eyeroll I am actually a paying subscriber yet I have better technological compatibility with Pandora, Tune In & Sonos.

Works! 👍

PERFECT THANK YOU IT WORKED 😉 

I’ve had the same problem with Spotify freezing at the start up screen. I found a solution though. Just open your app on you’re tv and then open Spotify one your phone or any other device. When you click on a song, at the bottom or your screen it should say, “devices available”. Click that and select play on tv. It works like a charm now. 

Suggested posts