Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Smart TV - Spotify app freezes at startup

Solved!

Samsung Smart TV - Spotify app freezes at startup

Hi,

Since june / july 2014 my Spotify app won´t start, the app freezes at the startup screen picture (With the half spotify logo on a grey background). I'm not receiving any error messages or codes, nothing it just freezes.

Everything's up to dates in terms of firmware/software. My Samsung TV (Type UE46F6475) is running the latest firmware (latest updated 2014-10-14) and the installed Spotify app is also up to date. The app is no longer possible to uninstall and then reinstall as it nowadays seems to be integrated to the Samsung firmware.

Any suggestions? Please help me find a solution to this!

Best regards, Simon.

62 Replies

THIS WORKED!!!!  I have tried reinstalling, uninstalling and reinstalling and resetting the TV and reinstalling and NOTHING worked!  

I tried this and BAM, it is working!!!  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!  2018 is starting out WONDERFULLY! 🙂

Mate you're an utter legend, this is the only thing that worked!! Thank you so much!

In the meanwhile Spotify- please fix this!

Hi guys,

My problem is a little bit different but maybe someone here can help me. The App works fine, but after the first 1/2 minutes of the song it start freezing like a streaming issue. I don't understand why since i watch YouTube with no such problem.

If anybody knows how to fix it... thx

Thanks your tip worked for me on my New Samsung Q7 which experience the same problem out of the box which was frustrating. Works like a charm now.  Thanks very much.

I agree.  As a Spotify customer for several years...this is unacceptable.  One of the reasons I purchased a Samsung TV was because it had the Spotify app.  Now I find myself using YouTube all of the time since the Spotify app never works....huge risk that Spotify needs to figure out or they will have loyal customers like me jumping ship....

Hello,

There are lot of changes in the latest version of the Spotify App for Samsung Tizen TVs. Give it another spin 😉

//S

I managed to make it work without factory reseting the TV!! I went to the "Application Store", searches for spotify and clicked it, and then it opened as it was supposed to! 

Hello

My spotify app also freezes, never could even use it...

Nothink works thats written here. Any other suggestions? Samaung Tv UE55JU6072UXXH

Very helpful. However, reinstall did not work for me. I had to do a delete, then reinstall. And now it works. It's such a great app when it's running!

Hi my spotify app on Samsung smart TV is not working. I click on the app and the logo spotify comes up but says error at the bottom. I've tried to reinstall the app from the app store but it will not work. 

1. Same issue.  Spotify and the logo comes up and then after 30 seconds it just says error in small white letters below the screen.  Preinstalled on my UN58MU6070 so cant uninstall.  Reinstall doesnt work and I'm done with reseting my tv and having to sign back into every streaming program I use.  

Same here: since yesterday Spotify just freezed and even try reinstall nothing happens (only seeing the Spotify logo and then 'error'). I won't reset to factory settings for just one app, it's unacceptable!

Please fix this, Spotify! Most of your users here aren't free users but premium.

UPDATE: solved 🙂 Message above

I've founded a solution! In my case I have a UN50MU6100, and I've solved reseting the Smarthub to factory setup. After this, you can set again your username/passwords in all services, including Spotify

Thank you, will try when I get back to town. Super annoying.

I have UE32M5502, for me-after restarting TV, Spotity is still frozen. Don’t know what to do! Spotify, please, fix this bug!

xj7w-1zisb_tf In my case solved with the Smart Hub reset only (not the general reset), when after this I could insert my user/password data.

Thank you for suggestion! But sadly, I can’t do it, because selfdiagnostics are not available, and my TV remote controler is not regular ;D

I FOUND A FIX!!!

My problem: I would open Spotify app on my Samsung smart TV and was met with just the Spotify logo and a message saying “error”. Reinstalling the app did nothing for me and I did not want to factory reset my television as other things would be affected. 

FIX: try reinstalling that app, if that doesn’t work open the Spotify app so you receive the “error” message. While it is sitting there helplessly, open Spotify on your mobile device. Under devices select your Samsung smart tv. Try playing a song. The song should start playing on your television and your problems should be fixed. If this does not fix your issue try the same thing on your computer.

1. Open Spotify on your television like you probably have 1000 times already. 

2. Open spotify on your mobile device

3. Under devices select your Samsung tv

4. Select a song on your mobile app

5. The song should start playing on your tv and your issues should be solved

1. Open Spotify on your television like you probably have 1000 times already.

2. Open spotify on your mobile device

3. Under devices select your Samsung tv

4. Select a song on your mobile app

5. The song should start playing on your tv and your issues should be solved

Suggested posts