Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Smart TV - Spotify app freezes at startup

Solved!

Samsung Smart TV - Spotify app freezes at startup

Hi,

Since june / july 2014 my Spotify app won´t start, the app freezes at the startup screen picture (With the half spotify logo on a grey background). I'm not receiving any error messages or codes, nothing it just freezes.

Everything's up to dates in terms of firmware/software. My Samsung TV (Type UE46F6475) is running the latest firmware (latest updated 2014-10-14) and the installed Spotify app is also up to date. The app is no longer possible to uninstall and then reinstall as it nowadays seems to be integrated to the Samsung firmware.

Any suggestions? Please help me find a solution to this!

Best regards, Simon.

62 Replies

Before reset the Smart Hub, I've tried try this but unfortunately didn't work - I was, by the way, using the webplayer right on tv's browser (by the way, kinda fast and useful).

Of course this was in my case, that had this option to reset the Smart Hub (kinda late I've found this option LOL). The only incovenient was the setup of the other apps.

But to everyone that don't have the same option I had it, try this one said by 'wfg35-_d4tkxj'

I tried that trick a thousand times, it does not work. When you look for the TV on your smartphone it shows up, and you click it to send the song to the TV and a link for the TV disappears. Trust me, it doesn't work for those of us who have the problem.

Hey guys, 

Same issue on my tv, starting Spotify app just gives me logo and “error”.

Finally solved it, just kept on trying;)

1. Goto Apps

2. Goto Settings (in top right corner)

3. Goto Spotify app 

4. Select Reinstall

i’ve tried to do this the first time and it didnt work for whatever reason. It just showed 0%.

But after trying several times it suddenly reinstalled and working as if nothing ever happened;)

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts